X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    Salty
    • Oct 1, 2003

Mego Meet X for the Canadian Boy.

Well I finally made it to Mego Meet this year and I had a really good time. It was great to finally
    put faces to the names I have seen on here for ten years. Rob (Fleshbox) was kind enough to
    give me a ride in from Pittsburgh. We had a great conversation on the way to Wheeling. Lots of
    talk about toys and especially interesting was our discussion of music. Rob is an incredibly knowledgeable
    about music and music history. We discovered we have similar tastes in music so that was fun too.

When I got to the lobby at the Hampton I saw Brian (Palitoy) Steve (Emcee Hammer) and Scott (Mego Scott)
    in the flesh (so to speak) for the very first time. It was kind of surreal. Like meeting the three wise men,
    Stooges? Maybe, somewhere in between. I kid, I kid

Brian (Palitoy) had me laughing to the point of tears the first night in the Mego Suite. You sir are a very funny man.

It was great to meet you guys.

I had dinner the first night with Rob and we continued our discussion about music and of course toys.

The next day at the actual meet was a little overwhelming. I had never seen that much Mego goodness altogether
    in person before. Not to mention all of the other toy lines that I collect also.

A few minutes in I met one of my oldest friends on the Mego Museum, Bryan (Boss). He showed me the GI Joes
    he had brought for me and I was thrilled. He like many of the members here has an incredibly quick sense of humour
    and provided lots of laughs for me throughout the weekend. When I would comment on what great customizers certain
    members were or what cool people they seemed to be he would quickly add "he is a great kisser also". Funny guy.

Another of my oldest and dearest Paul (Hulk) did not dissapoint. Paul and I use to spend hours in the Mego Museum chat room
    years ago and it was great to finally shake hands with him and spend some time together in person. Paul, Rob and I staggered
    a little bit tipsy to a gas station restaurant called Sheetz very late the first evening. The name was very accurate because the food
    tasted like Sheet. Still we had lots of laughs as we staggered back to the hotel.

I finally got to meet Roberto (Blue Meanie) one of the nicest people you will ever come across. His inventory is mind blowing.
    His brother Tom is also a super cool guy.

I met the man, the myth, the legend that is Paul (Doc Mego) Paul was the one who initially directed me to the Mego Museum
    over ten years ago. For that I am tremendously grateful. We had a great chat in the Mego Suite. He gave me a solid lesson
    in the economics and challenges of the independent toy business.

Mike (BatmanMc) is an incredibly sweet guy. Watching the joy with which he ran the Batmobile races down the big hill behind the
    hotel it was difficult to measure who was more excited him or the kids. I guess it was about equal. Thanks for the awesome keychains Mike.

I had some great interactions with Scott (MegoScott) That Dida Display room absolutely blew me away.

Steve (Emcee Hammer) you are a very funny and charming fellow and it was a real pleasure to meet you.

I could go on and on but I won't. Suffice to say, I'm glad I finally went I had a great time meeting Chuck, Ed, (Thanks for all the Joes and Joe accessories Ed)
    Rick, David Lee, Paul (Laser Mego) Trappy, Mike (Vintage Mike) I know I am leaving many, many people out. It was great meeting all of you. Thanks so much
    for welcoming me in such a gracious and warm way. You are good people.
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

All good kissers. ;-)
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Johnny
      Salty
      • Oct 1, 2003

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

It was great meeting you Johnny. You owe me a pic next year, lol.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Nice pics!! You were a blast, I really enjoyed meeting you.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Monstar
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 6, 2008

Good stuff. I gotta go next year.
            http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Glad to have another Canadian at the Meet this year... we're planning a take-over!

Also in my five years of attending the Meet, it was neat to finally see another Mego Museum member actually using the gym facilities as well.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

It was a blast meeting you. I'm not surprised you and Rob hit it off. Like him last year, you jumped right in and became a part of the group, and that usually results in an awesome time. Look forward to another great one next year.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Johnny
                  Salty
                  • Oct 1, 2003

Thanks Chuck! You guys made it very easy to "jump right in" and I appreciate it!

Ed, it was great to meet you!
                  Last edited by Johnny; Jun 10, '14, 1:22 AM.

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Hanging with you was like MegoChat Live on Ice! Good to finally meet you John. Looking forward to seeing you again some day.

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

Glad you could make it and good meeting you. As others said you blended right in and enthusiasm like yours only adds to the already great atmosphere of the Meet.

Comment

• RobTMego
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 15, 2013

Johnny I had so much fun talking, driving, eating, Drinking, and even getting the Sheetz with you!!

Keep intouch my friend,

Rob

Comment

• Flynne
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jan 22, 2003

Nice to finally meet you, sir. Great chatting with you, especially Saturday night when the tipsy woman and her dagger starring husband toddled by our patio. Apparently your sheer manliness was too much for either of them to take. I know it's a long trip from Vancouver, but I hope you'll come again some day.
                          An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Johnny
                            Salty
                            • Oct 1, 2003

It was great to meet you Derek. Thanks for having my back with Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton on the patio. I really enjoyed our Breaking Bad discussion.

Comment

• Flynne
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by Johnny
                              It was great to meet you Derek. Thanks for having my back with Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton on the patio. I really enjoyed our Breaking Bad discussion.
                              Kenny and Dolly - you're killing me, sir!
                              An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎