Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mego Meet 10

Images

Mego Meet 10

Another one in the books. I have to say it's just not enough time any more. I have made so many friends on this site that 3 days is simply not enough. The pure logistics stop it from happening more often. 3 days goes by so quickly. It's not like sleep happens, so that's not taking any time.

Unlike past years I'll keep this short and sweet. Thanks to all those that make it happen. Great job. To those that had to miss it, know that you were missed and 360 days will pass quickly. To everyone else, it was a pleasure. This is by far the best toy geek weekend of the year. It's through this site that I've made some of the closest friendships I've got, in a hobby I've done for over 30 years. It so exceeds the boundaries of toy collecting. Having lost 2 of my longest known friends in the past 18 months, I've got a new appreciation for times I get to spend with friends. Mego Meet is the best of them all. Love you guys, miss you already, can't wait until MM XI. Let's just make it a week long event.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Images
    Always good to see you Chuck. I think we all agree we'd love more time. Of course it would go by just as fast, but it would also be less time in between. This Meet really has me going. Hoping to make some of the regional, smaller get togethers at some point so I can see at least some folks more often. I share your sentiments about appreciating the time with friends. Things haven't been great for me this year so, while I always love the Meet, the good feelings it brought really seemed more pronounced this year. I'm dreading going back to regular life tomorrow, but it's actually been a wake up call. People around me think I'm down because it's how I am. It's not, generally THEY are the ones bringing me down. The group here brings me me UP and brings out who I really am. Something I'm going to have think about.

love ya my brother from another mother ;-)

Images
    It was great to meet you Chuck. You are good people.

Images
    Catching up with your every year seems like I haven't seen you in a week, not a year. Or maybe 2 weeks since I missed last year. Miss you already my friend.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Glad to get there on Thursday so there is time to hang out with folks like you Chuck. You're good peeps.

Images
    Chuck is the man.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Was awesome getting to talk to you again, just wish we could have talked and hung out longer, but time fly's when you are with MM Family!!

Images
    Love just hanging with you, my friend. You're one of the reasons I go to the Meet. See you next time I'm up Northeast, because I can't think of a realistic reason you'd be in the High Plains any time soon
    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynne View Post
    Love just hanging with you, my friend. You're one of the reasons I go to the Meet. See you next time I'm up Northeast, because I can't think of a realistic reason you'd be in the High Plains any time soon
    I do have the Red Sox. Good reason to come this way, though the up and down winning and losing is driving me nuts.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.