X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Mego Meet 10

Another one in the books. I have to say it's just not enough time any more. I have made so many friends on this site that 3 days is simply not enough. The pure logistics stop it from happening more often. 3 days goes by so quickly. It's not like sleep happens, so that's not taking any time.

Unlike past years I'll keep this short and sweet. Thanks to all those that make it happen. Great job. To those that had to miss it, know that you were missed and 360 days will pass quickly. To everyone else, it was a pleasure. This is by far the best toy geek weekend of the year. It's through this site that I've made some of the closest friendships I've got, in a hobby I've done for over 30 years. It so exceeds the boundaries of toy collecting. Having lost 2 of my longest known friends in the past 18 months, I've got a new appreciation for times I get to spend with friends. Mego Meet is the best of them all. Love you guys, miss you already, can't wait until MM XI. Let's just make it a week long event.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Always good to see you Chuck. I think we all agree we'd love more time. Of course it would go by just as fast, but it would also be less time in between. This Meet really has me going. Hoping to make some of the regional, smaller get togethers at some point so I can see at least some folks more often. I share your sentiments about appreciating the time with friends. Things haven't been great for me this year so, while I always love the Meet, the good feelings it brought really seemed more pronounced this year. I'm dreading going back to regular life tomorrow, but it's actually been a wake up call. People around me think I'm down because it's how I am. It's not, generally THEY are the ones bringing me down. The group here brings me me UP and brings out who I really am. Something I'm going to have think about.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

love ya my brother from another mother ;-)

Comment

• Johnny
        Salty
        • Oct 1, 2003

It was great to meet you Chuck. You are good people.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Catching up with your every year seems like I haven't seen you in a week, not a year. Or maybe 2 weeks since I missed last year. Miss you already my friend.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Glad to get there on Thursday so there is time to hang out with folks like you Chuck. You're good peeps.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Chuck is the man.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• RobTMego
                Career Member
                • Mar 15, 2013

Was awesome getting to talk to you again, just wish we could have talked and hung out longer, but time fly's when you are with MM Family!!

Comment

• Flynne
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 22, 2003

Love just hanging with you, my friend. You're one of the reasons I go to the Meet. See you next time I'm up Northeast, because I can't think of a realistic reason you'd be in the High Plains any time soon
                  An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Flynne
                    Love just hanging with you, my friend. You're one of the reasons I go to the Meet. See you next time I'm up Northeast, because I can't think of a realistic reason you'd be in the High Plains any time soon
                    I do have the Red Sox. Good reason to come this way, though the up and down winning and losing is driving me nuts.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• ubermanx
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 3, 2013

It was most definitely awesome to have met you and all the other great folks at Mego Meet. Ya all welcomed the "new guy" with open arms.

- Marty

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                        70's Era Pimp
                        • Sep 7, 2011

Always great to see you Chuck!!

Comment

• trekman101
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2009

I feel the same way....always good to see you Chuck
                          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Always a pleasure Chuck, one of these days I'll make RI Comic Con.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎