X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Heroes in Action announces Cosmic Raiders

One of the more pleasant surprises from this past weekend’s Mego Meet 2014 was Heroes in Action Toys announcement of the new Cosmic Raiders line of action figures.

Based on the classic 1970s toy line by Tomland toys that went under such names as Star Raiders, Star Command and Creatures from other worlds.

Mego Meet attendees were able to get an up close view of Zhor from the line, based on the 70s figure he has been updated and made with a higher standard of quality than he was in 1979.

The first wave of Cosmic Raiders will launch in Spring 2015 and consist of three figures:

-Grand Vicious (based on Tomland’s Grand)
    -Zhor
    -ROT (Robotic Obedience Troopers) (based on Tomland’s ROT figure)

Stay tuned to the MM this week for more Heroes in Action updates.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, that's really cool, I like them! Great card on these too!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Yep, would love to have some of those!
      They're just the right combination of 70s retro and a more modern quality finish.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

I am so excited about this line. Been hoping Doc was going to do updated versions of these guys. I am hoping for variants, too! Card art looks great, and Zhor, well, just awesome.

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

Yeah! I like the modern retro feel! Looking forward to these, if we could get them molded in Day Glow Color it would be even sweeter. Variation maybe?

Comment

• dumbldor
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 9, 2002

Been looking forward to these! Awesome!

Comment

• spacecaps
              Second Mouse
              • Aug 24, 2011

I don't know how I feel about this. I love the Tomlands but I kind of love them because of their obscurity and clunky 70's design. Does everything have to get a redeux?
              "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

You had to know this was coming. I for one will be getting these, and since I have a nephew on the way that means I will be upping my order to 2-3 figures.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

I gotta have the Cyclops guy. My best friend in elementary school had him (not sure which version) and I really took a liking to him. I remember he took it to school and our 2nd grade teacher confiscated him. I actually got up the nerve to search her desk to try and find him. Now mind you this was not an altruistic endeavor as I had no intention of giving him back to my best friend! Thankfully, I didn't find him, as that could have sent me down a rabbit hole of toy theft I might never have recovered from.

Anyway, I like the Tomland stuff, but it's generally out of my $$ range, so I for one am happy to see a redux of these.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

I just assumed by looking at Zhor, but are these going to be utilizing Doc' new body?
                    So here are the 3 announced for the first wave..
                    -Grand Vicious (based on Tomland’s Grand)
                    -Zhor
                    -ROT (Robotic Obedience Troopers) (based on Tomland’s ROT figure)
                    and here are the originals from which the new figures will be based on (thanks to Plaidstallions for the images of Zhor/ Yellow guy and Grand/ Blue triangle head, and to Devlin Thompson for his ROT/ black robot picture. All are used without permission but I didn't want to hotlink the images)....
                    Grand.JPGROT.JPGZhor.JPG

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by spacecaps
                      I don't know how I feel about this. I love the Tomlands but I kind of love them because of their obscurity and clunky 70's design. Does everything have to get a redeux?
                      Thats the way I feel, they are a quirky figure from back then, do I think they should be redone, not really.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                        • Jan 22, 2008

I'm excited about it. Zhor looks like a great figure for people to customize. You could go a hundred different ways with those bulgy eyes. I think that card must still be prototype stage as theres 3 pics of yog (two the same and one inverted colour) and 2 the same for Grand and two for Coth (one inverted colour), cyclops and morlock are on there but not announced for production yet, and no Rot.
                        That card art is incredible, I kinda wish the front and back were switched up a bit tho, with the larger pic on the front. Very ken Kelly Micronauts inspired I'd say, and thats always a good thing.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                          Very ken Kelly Micronauts inspired I'd say, and thats always a good thing.
                          Ken Kelly is working on the packaging for this line.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can complain about this line, they're not direct copies of the originals so it removes nothing from vintage collecting. If they're not your cup of tea, you just don't buy them, that seems painless.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

I never had these as a kid, so I'm excited about them. To me they look like the aliens Superman, Batman and the Justice League fought almost monthly in the late 50s and early 60s. They will be welcomed to my collection.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 12, 2004

I never had any interest in the originals, but I definitely want these!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎