Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Inch Super Store Temporarily Closed and More Type S Flesh Bodies!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mahseer
    Yeah I have (had) plans too. I only managed to buy 4 and I already sold 3 as customs on Ebay. The only way I can participate in this hobby is if I have a hustle going.
    It's a great feeling to make money off Megos then reinvest them in your own collection!

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Hamonrye
      Is this the place to ask whether there are plans to make an S-Type-compatible Trek-boot lower leg? It could just plug in at the knee and I would buy oh so many of them.
      That is a great idea!
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
        I got clear bodies with the kickstarter, after kickstarter, at Mego Meet and after Mego Meet (for $5). So, yes, I'm part of the problem. However, I have big plans for them.
        lol sounds like us too. I have a small cache of flesh, clear, and g.i.d bodies.
        I've said it many times - these bodies are a game changer.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
          I'm have to admit I am bummed about there not being a restock of the clear figures and doubly bummed about them now being out of stock. I held off on buying last night which was a mistake. I was really looking forward to producing heads and parts for these guys. I am still going to do that but I would have been happier if the clear bodies were still available. I can buy bodies and dye/color them but cant make a regular body clear. With my whining off the table, I will say that I am very happy you guys gave us the clear bodies in the first place. I had been looking forward to them for a long time, and you guys did a great job. And, I am getting one of Dave' custom figures from the Megomeet, so that is awesome.
          That makes me think of something. Does that mean that Dave' Micronaut/ Henshin Cyborg inspired figures wont see a production run?
          We're keeping a limited supply of the clear bodies that Dave is planning to use for more custom Henshin Cyborg figures. If these see an actual production run, which they probably will, they will be cast in different color plastic. I'd hate for David to have to disassemble and paint 1000+ bodies.

Originally posted by mahseer
          I have to say I am DEVASTATED that the clear bodies are gone. I couldn't raise funds to buy some over the past few days. I wonder what the minimum order is to have another run done. I would do my best to pay for at least 50 up front depending on the price point.
          The MOQ for these bodies is typically 1000 pieces.

Originally posted by BATMAN89
          Ya, Dave was saying something about a China produced run of those figures. Could extra clear bodies could come from that run?
          Clear bodies could be offered again if the Henshin Cyborg figures get produced.

Is this the place to ask whether there are plans to make an S-Type-compatible Trek-boot lower leg? It could just plug in at the knee and I would buy oh so many of them.
          Yes, it's possible that we might offer that type of accessory piece at some point down the road.

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

I also wanted to buy a couple of extra clear bodies, but had to wait for my finances to get back up to snuff. Still, the likelihood of a line of Henshin Cyborgs (MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN!) and the possibility of more clear bodies down the line helps.

Hope one of the future clear bodies comes in purple - needs me a custom Hypnos, stat!
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• David Lee
              The Fix-it-up Chappie
              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
              I'd hate for David to have to disassemble and paint 1000+ bodies.
              Oh the humanity! that would probably push my sore fingers over the edge... I thought 60 was gonna kill me...1000?

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

I'm shocked you are out of the clams. Based on your inventory at the Meet you had enough to build a small, crystal clear house. It's cool those are made domestically now. I'll have to check back for availability.
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon View Post
                  I'm have to admit I am bummed about there not being a restock of the clear figures and doubly bummed about them now being out of stock. I held off on buying last night which was a mistake. I was really looking forward to producing heads and parts for these guys. I am still going to do that but I would have been happier if the clear bodies were still available. I can buy bodies and dye/color them but cant make a regular body clear. With my whining off the table, I will say that I am very happy you guys gave us the clear bodies in the first place. I had been looking forward to them for a long time, and you guys did a great job. And, I am getting one of Dave' custom figures from the Megomeet, so that is awesome.
                  That makes me think of something. Does that mean that Dave' Micronaut/ Henshin Cyborg inspired figures wont see a production run?

We're keeping a limited supply of the clear bodies that Dave is planning to use for more custom Henshin Cyborg figures. If these see an actual production run, which they probably will, they will be cast in different color plastic. I'd hate for David to have to disassemble and paint 1000+ bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by mahseer View Post
                  I have to say I am DEVASTATED that the clear bodies are gone. I couldn't raise funds to buy some over the past few days. I wonder what the minimum order is to have another run done. I would do my best to pay for at least 50 up front depending on the price point.

The MOQ for these bodies is typically 1000 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN89 View Post
                  Ya, Dave was saying something about a China produced run of those figures. Could extra clear bodies could come from that run?

Clear bodies could be offered again if the Henshin Cyborg figures get produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamonrye View Post

Yes, it's possible that we might offer that type of accessory piece at some point down the road.
                  Whew, thanks for the answers, Craig, much appreciated. Nice to know there are more translucent, clear guys in the pipeline, and potentially the opportunity to get more clear bodies from the store in the future. Kind of disappointed that the ones you had on hand required discounting in order to move the rest of the stock, though. Hopefully they weren't a money loser for you guys.

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Hopefully they weren't a money loser for you guys.
                    Actually just the opposite... They sold really well, but we know*they would eventually slow down... we had a limited stock left over from the KS, and knew making 1000 more would make a slow recoup. The $5 price tag was to give on line folks the same price as MM attendees, at that price the rest of the stock flew out the door. You'll see them again, mostly because the HENSHIN project proved to have legs, and because I selfishly LOVE them

Dave

Comment

• Hamonrye
                      • Jan 4, 2008

Awesome! Of course, it would need a different name...

Comment

• David Lee
                        The Fix-it-up Chappie
                        • Jun 10, 2002

Awesome! Of course, it would need a different name...
                        How about a "bootleg" leg...

Dave

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

I have to say I'm surprised to hear you had inventory left from the Meet. I showed up for the last few hours Saturday and never ran into you guys at your table, so I had no clue outside the parts bin and the older CAW bodies as to what were protos and what was for sale. I even circled back when everyone started packing up and gave a fiver to Austin. The only Type S looked to be display pieces.

Comment

• Hamonrye
                            • Jan 4, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee
                            How about a "bootleg" leg...

Dave
                            Nice! .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

If not bodies, what about some runs of colored hands, is that more feasible?

Red--as Player suggested, white, glow would be great for monster customs, etc.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎