Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Inch Super Store Temporarily Closed and More Type S Flesh Bodies!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by darkbros
    No I didn't, in fact I thought I had offended Dave with my Question!
    Learned long ago to never assume anything on the internet. :-)

But all is good and well..Just sitting on cash waiting to spend....Looking forward to giving Dave and Craig my cash
    soon as they are ready.

peace, Love and Megos,
    Darkbros
    Yep, I thought he was ****ed off as well and was surprised he'd say that to a potential customer. Glad he was kidding.

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 22, 2012

I have been trying to place an order for several days now but it won't let me as a guest. An account was created for me back when the store opened, but I don't recall my password (had it written down somewhere). Anyway, because I have an account it won't let me buy as a guest. I have requested a password reset about a thousand times now and have yet to get a reset email and nothing in spam folders. I wanted to get a couple of the clear bodies but now it says they are gone and I still can't place an order.
      Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MegoCapnMike
        I have been trying to place an order for several days now but it won't let me as a guest. An account was created for me back when the store opened, but I don't recall my password (had it written down somewhere). Anyway, because I have an account it won't let me buy as a guest. I have requested a password reset about a thousand times now and have yet to get a reset email and nothing in spam folders. I wanted to get a couple of the clear bodies but now it says they are gone and I still can't place an order.
        Send me your name & email info via PM and I'll take care of it.

Craig

Comment

• BATMAN89
          Mego obsessed!!!
          • Jul 20, 2010

Man, I had the clear bodies in my cart and I didn't pull the trigger right away!
          Now they're gone???!!!
          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
            From this point on we'll probably only offer bodies in unusual colors if we need them for a production figure. The colors we're planning to keep in stock are the standard flesh color and brown.
            I hope the lighter Caucasian skin tone will be available from time to time too. What can I say? I like vampires! Not many of them running around with a California tan.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

I'm have to admit I am bummed about there not being a restock of the clear figures and doubly bummed about them now being out of stock. I held off on buying last night which was a mistake. I was really looking forward to producing heads and parts for these guys. I am still going to do that but I would have been happier if the clear bodies were still available. I can buy bodies and dye/color them but cant make a regular body clear. With my whining off the table, I will say that I am very happy you guys gave us the clear bodies in the first place. I had been looking forward to them for a long time, and you guys did a great job. And, I am getting one of Dave' custom figures from the Megomeet, so that is awesome.
              That makes me think of something. Does that mean that Dave' Micronaut/ Henshin Cyborg inspired figures wont see a production run?

Comment

• TomStrong
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2011

Holy shipping fellas! I placed an order yesterday morning for type s bodies and they shipped after lunch! Wow. Thanks very much. Just had to brag on that publicly.

Comment

• mahseer
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Sep 21, 2012

I have to say I am DEVASTATED that the clear bodies are gone. I couldn't raise funds to buy some over the past few days. I wonder what the minimum order is to have another run done. I would do my best to pay for at least 50 up front depending on the price point.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                    Mego obsessed!!!
                    • Jul 20, 2010

I was just talking to my son about making cyborgs by swapping flesh and clear parts. Later I see that they are sold out!
                    Damn, now it's back to finding cheap Phantom Limbs.

My Good Trader's List
                    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
                      From this point on we'll probably only offer bodies in unusual colors if we need them for a production figure.
                      Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Does that mean that Dave's Micronaut/ Henshin Cyborg inspired figures wont see a production run?
                      Ya, Dave was saying something about a China produced run of those figures. Could extra clear bodies could come from that run?

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

...I'm going out on a limb and say we really dig the clear bodies.
                        I know Zicaway has to put money where they feel best, but there's good demand for the flesh bodies, not so much glow-in-the-dark...and after seeing Dave's display at MMX the clear bodies have neat possibilities.... this is a good problem to have ;-)
                        A product that people want.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I got clear bodies with the kickstarter, after kickstarter, at Mego Meet and after Mego Meet (for $5). So, yes, I'm part of the problem. However, I have big plans for them.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• mahseer
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 21, 2012

Yeah I have (had) plans too. I only managed to buy 4 and I already sold 3 as customs on Ebay. The only way I can participate in this hobby is if I have a hustle going.

Comment

• Hamonrye
                              • Jan 4, 2008

Is this the place to ask whether there are plans to make an S-Type-compatible Trek-boot lower leg? It could just plug in at the knee and I would buy oh so many of them.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                                • Feb 27, 2014

Yep had 3 clear bodies in the cart from a few days ago, meant to go back and buy. Ah well if I really wanted them I would have bought them when I had the chance

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎