Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Inch Super Store Temporarily Closed and More Type S Flesh Bodies!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

8 Inch Super Store Temporarily Closed and More Type S Flesh Bodies!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 8 Inch Super Store is temporarily closed until I can take an inventory of what items are left in stock. David and I didn't have the best organizational skills while we were selling stuff at Mego Meet and I need to things back on track. I'm hoping to have it opened back up by Wednesday.

We're also getting ready to place another order for flesh tone Type S bodies, some of which will have a brown skin tone. Once the order is placed the bodies should be back in stock fairly soon, possibly before the end of the month.

Craig
  • bgiles73
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 14, 2010

Will pale flesh tones make it into this batch? I'm hoping,so I can upgrade Barnabas Collins and the Phantom of the Opera to new band less bodies.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
      Will pale flesh tones make it into this batch? I'm hoping,so I can upgrade Barnabas Collins and the Phantom of the Opera to new band less bodies.
      Pale flesh tone bodies may have to wait until the next order. Since the AJ heads will be cast in the darker flesh tone we want to be sure we'll have enough bodies on hand to match those.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

Sweet!!! I have 2 8inch Black GI Joe heads with No Bodies... finally they will be able to join their brothers in arms!!! I get the 1st 5 Brown Brothas lol

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA

We're also getting ready to place another order for flesh tone Type S bodies, some of which will have a brown skin tone. Once the order is placed the bodies should be back in stock fairly soon, possibly before the end of the month.

Craig
          Will theskin tone ACTUALLY be African American bodies, or will these be more like Mego PONCH / Tan Mego Superman in color?
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• plaztekman
            Career Member
            • Apr 27, 2008

sweet! I been waiting on some Type S. Getting my order ready, now.
            Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• David Lee
              The Fix-it-up Chappie
              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by darkbros
              Will theskin tone ACTUALLY be African American bodies, or will these be more like Mego PONCH / Tan Mego Superman in color?
              Did he stutter?... did he say tan? Did you ever see the original Castaway Toys African American bodies? That's a clown question bro!
              C'mon man this ain't our first rodeo

Dave

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

I've reopened the store and wanted to mention a few details to be aware of:

1. The Type S clear and glow bodies have been reduced to the Mego Meet price of $5.00 each and once the remaining stock is gone that's it. They were cool items but not something we're planning to restock.

2. A limited supply of the flesh tone Type S bodies are now available. We were holding these to use on the retro AJ figures from the Kickstarter campaign but since we're placing another order for bodies we can go ahead and sell them.

Originally posted by darkbros
                They will be brown bodies in the correct color for African American figures.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

^^wow, an order of 20 clear bodies was a heckuva deal Craig!

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

Done! Those clear bodies and fantastic.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by noelani72
                      ^^wow, an order of 20 clear bodies was a heckuva deal Craig!
                      Hey Chad,

I hope you got my message on that order and I apologize for killing your excitement over the deal price. When I reduced the prices on the clear and glow bodies I completely forgot to remove the quantity discount feature, which is why your price was so low. I refunded your payment through PayPal so let me know if you didn't get it. Again, sorry about the confusion.

Thanks,
                      Craig

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
                        Hey Chad,

I hope you got my message on that order and I apologize for killing your excitement over the deal price. When I reduced the prices on the clear and glow bodies I completely forgot to remove the quantity discount feature, which is why your price was so low. I refunded your payment through PayPal so let me know if you didn't get it. Again, sorry about the confusion.

Thanks,
                        Craig
                        arg! I thought it might have been too good to be true...then I thought you were getting rid of them at cost since there will be no more.
                        It's okay - I understand.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by noelani72
                          arg! I thought it might have been too good to be true...then I thought you were getting rid of them at cost since there will be no more.
                          It's okay - I understand.
                          Thanks for being understanding Chad, and at that price you would have been getting the bodies below our cost

Craig

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

nt....
                            Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Jun 11, '14, 8:45 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

If I order 20 Type S bodies, will I be able to mix and match the new brown skin tone and the original flesh skin tone and still get the discount, or do they have to all the same skin tone? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎