Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LadyCommand
    • Jun 13, 2009

Here and gone so quickly

Hey there everyone! The weekend blew by so unbelievably fast. This year the girls had huge events not long before the meet, plus getting the Hello Kitty exhibit up, whoosh! Time flew!

We all look forward to the meet each year, and each year I am exceedingly grateful it is in a location I am able to travel to. It is like a family reunion where you get along with your whole family. Ya, there might be someone bein' cranky, but typically that's the worst it ever gets! LOL (unlike my related family and in laws, LOL).

Yet again I can say there wasn't enough time to get to see everything and talk with everyone, but I can say we had a wonderful time and met some new 'family' this year.

I know there's talk of moving it and, as many of you know, my EHDS won't permit me far travel, Our younger one is starting on the same path, and with how much fun and joy the girls get out of going, ya, a bit heartbroken if we couldn't attend next year. I remember when the girls first made customs at the meet and the unsurity if they would be liked or if they were 'doing it right' and now they start thinking about what they might try to do around Christmas! This year I got to see a set of brothers doing their first customs and watch the same joy the girls had!

One item I received this year was the TARDIS play set. I put an album up of a few pics I took last night on my profile page. I'm still in shock about that!!! Thank you again!!!!!!!!

All the displays (the LOST one just blew me away), customs, art, awesome amounts of toys for sale, was almost overwhelming to try to see it all and not miss anything, which I know I did.

This year for the first time, I made a figure for the customs contest! Thank again Lee and Trappy for the paint, heads, and help! I'm afraid though that it literally disturbed one of the kids! I made 'Carol Marcus Ex-Girlfriend'. She weilded a bloddy knife, held Kirk's head, and looked like a 'woman over the edge'. Didn't win (didn't expect too!), but the fun was in the making and hearing the laughs from it!

Anya's 2 year figure racing streak came to an end and I did a little dance- because I was worried something would happen to the trophy between the cats, kids, and Murphy's law. Never did, but then my family reminded me the other trophy was brought here from Ray winning the custom contest! First words, "awww s#!t"! LOL!

thanks to the great guys who made this year possible with their hard work, dedication, and willingness to take a few grey hairs for 'the team'. Thanks to everyone for making it another great 'family reunion', and thanks to all the new faces for making the trek to share in the fun-geekery!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

spent some time looking at your Hello Kitty collection, and the Sanrio store in Tokyo ain't got nothin' on what you have.

LOVED your custom, definitely gave me a laugh.

always great to see you and Ray and the kids.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• RobTMego
      Career Member
      • Mar 15, 2013

It is always a pleasure to chat/hangout with you, your girls are just adorable and sweet as your fudge. Ray is super cool, but I need to make more time to chat with him next year (time flys @ MM), about geekery and life in general

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Great seeing you and getting to spend more time chatting. Thanks for the fudge! Yum!

Comment

• LadyCommand
          • Jun 13, 2009

Originally posted by Hulk
          Great seeing you and getting to spend more time chatting. Thanks for the fudge! Yum!
          You too! You missed the races, Mike's turn running, but they were pretty funny. Only twice a year I make the fudge, Christmas and Mego Meet, which is a holiday in itself

Originally posted by samurainoir
          spent some time looking at your Hello Kitty collection, and the Sanrio store in Tokyo ain't got nothin' on what you have.

LOVED your custom, definitely gave me a laugh.

always great to see you and Ray and the kids.
          Would you believe I've never gotten to be in a Sanrio store? I would probably have to remortgage the house before entering, LOL. I've decided though, I definitely need some Mego Kiss figures to fix up and have them with the Hello Kitty Kiss figures! Ya, shouldn't be too hard...

I was gonna have Carol holding a dripping sack, but while my girls would have brushed me off with a giggle, shake of the head, and saying "ya, I can see that happening, but only you would build it", I didn't want to scar or scare any other of the kiddos. LOL well, I tried at least.

You too, it goes so fast, so much going on, I feel like it's just starting and woosh, done.

Originally posted by Fleshbox
          It is always a pleasure to chat/hangout with you, your girls are just adorable and sweet as your fudge. Ray is super cool, but I need to make more time to chat with him next year (time flys @ MM), about geekery and life in general
          Aw thanks man, your not too bad yourself . I hope this year goes much better, but don't forget to give a holler whenever you want up this way. I'm gonna send you that info we were talking about and you two read it through and see what you think.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎