X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

what a cool thing this is - seriously.
    Who would have ever thought some folks from an Internet forum would take time out of their lives to actually leave the safety of their computer screens and meet in person?
    Second, who'd have thought such close relationships would form between those folks, some stronger than others, but a bond nonetheless.

It all went by in a blur for me and remembering detailed specifics is challenging....but if I were to sit here and write it all out, it would be exactly as the ramblings of the past five years after a meet....if you haven't came to one, you are really missing out. I still have to thank DaveMC for getting me to my first one (and my newly bought GPS).

I still get a chuckle when I reflect on something VintageMike said in a thread right before the meet...he was all packed - the pic was of an envelope stuffed with greenbacks

It was amazingly flattering to see how well the Sharks were accepted, and the requests for more was overwhelming. (I have a lot of work to do in the upcoming couple months! LOL)

I love how Legend of Link (aka The Boy) has been accepted by everyone. Dave Lee had a really heartfelt conversation with him and from one Father to another - thank you bro. Hard to imagine it's been ten years since y'all were introduced to The Boy. Sending him that care package after the dog attack wasn't one of those short term things (as gifts sometimes can be), but rather, the gifts were seeds and now the tree is maturing.

I brought home some great stuff. Customs or something handmade means more to me - it's something that a person leaves behind - something that re-enforces they mattered to someone.

What is Doc's catch phrase..."I can't talk about it" hahahaha...so having that said, I look forward to a couple business venture projects with some certain folks ;-)

Love ya all and c'mon 2015!

Comment

• RobTMego
      Career Member
      • Mar 15, 2013

Great to see you again Chad, I did not get enough time to talk with you sadly, your sharks were mind blowing. You should be proud of "The Boy" his is a super guy and fun to hangout with, he even showed an old fart about the Sony cybershots QX10 for the Iphone

Rob

Comment

• Flynne
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 22, 2003

Great to see you and Sean again, Chad. Though I think he's too old now for anyone but you to call him "the boy". Thanks again for making the Sharks. They are awesome!
        An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Johnny
          Salty
          • Oct 1, 2003

It was really great to meet you Chad. Those sharks are killer. I made a feeble attempt for the one in the auction but when I saw the determination in Derek's eyes and the fact that he never put his paddle down I lowered mine sheepishly and pouted like a little girl. I did win the Brick Schlithouse figure though Again great meeting you and please put me on the list if you do another run of the sharks.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎