X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Super Goodies from Down Under

This fun spread of toys comes from a company called Croner who distributed toys in Australia, they carried Azrak Hamway toys in Australia and APC puzzles. It's hard not to smile when you see stuff like this, especially considering they have Batman and Spider-Man's launchers reversed.

Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings is a limited edition 144 page book from the creator of Plaid Stallions. Order from us and get three free promotional post cards.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Dang, that's some gorgeous stuff. That Infantino/Anderson image of Batman and Robin is etched into every lobe of my brain, as is the classic Adams pose from Batman #251. The two most iconic images of Batman from two of his most famous periods.

The Wonder Woman puzzle always weirds me out with it's teeny-tiny shot of Lynda Carter just pasted in the middle. Plus, WW looks really *****y there. I think that's Dick Giordano, who usually draws a much prettier Wonder Woman.

The Superman puzzle is new on me. It looks like a random Dick Dillin panel from JLA or World's Finest blown up. Very odd.

LOVED those AHI copter launchers. I think I went through them like bubble gum.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

I have the boxed Wonder Woman with the Lynda Carter photo, she's on the box but not on the puzzle itself. I also have the Superman flying both box & can, but the Batmans canned only. Did APC also do the SWAT, POTA, & Six Million Dollar Man ones?

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Croner? Hey, that's the same company that released those 6" Buck Rogers figures in Australia. I don't recall seeing much about them other than in Bonavita's book, anyone see any clear pics of them anywhere?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎