Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode regarding twirling the umbrellas. Everyone was trying to take credit for this move that helped sell the umbrellas. Jerry said he invented it when he was a struggling comedian.
    Anyway, I was definitely around back then during the yahoo list days. Can’t remember how I found out about it but was definitely through that yahoo list. The museum was barley anything then, more of a concept in progress I think. There was a period, around this same time, when we were making boots and gloves with it. Ah, the good ole days
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• megozilla13
      Persistent Member
      • May 10, 2002

I feel more like George Costanza taking credit for buying the big salad reminding people it was my idea. :-)
      WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by megozilla13
        ...Lastly, ok I'll say it, it's kinda always bothered me a little bit that the 3 AMegos seemed to take credit for the degreying technique when it wasn't them who came up with it and shared it. just saying :-)

mikej
        Man, I sincerely apologize. I never meant to sound like we came up with the formula, but I can definitely see it would look that way. It's been so long that I don't remember where we heard about the process, but yeah, we absolutely did not come up with it. I can completely understand that it would look like we took credit simply by not saying that we didn't come up with the idea, but I just never thought about it looking that way. My point in mentioning on here that I was the one who had originally posted the photos and instructions nearly 20 years ago was only to say I've seen the results over time and I've had a lot of people over the years discuss the process with me and tell me about their results. After reading your post, the realization that we came across as stealing the credit for so many years literally gives me that feeling in my stomach that I would get before taking a test I hadn't studied for in school. Again, I really am very sorry. If I am still able to long into the account (which I should be able to do), I would absolutely add a credit if you'll let me know how it should be credited. I know it's 18 years late, but maybe that would at least take away some of the sting.
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• megozilla13
          Persistent Member
          • May 10, 2002

Don't feel bad, I know it wasn't intentional. It's not something I thought about often, but every few years someone would post something like.... " thanks to the three amigos for this great idea" and it would bother me a bit. I didn't know you were one of the three amigos until this thread. Like you said , it's been 20 years, you could leave it as it is.

mikej
          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• glimpy
            Loco Chango
            • Feb 5, 2012

Who would want to de grey the head anyway? These zombie heads are great!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
              Museum Patron
              • Aug 23, 2019

I’m posting this here, plasti dip has a new use. I tried to adjust a TMP Klingon head, that I started shrinking, to no avail. I bought the spray version, as no red was on the shelf. Fast forward to today:
              Nu Mego McCoy has a very pale, mine was almost purplish hue. Why not give it a try...? Well one coat over 24hrs without tireshine(didn’t look for it), I have a decent hue’ed figure. I transferred it onto a Richie from Happy Days, and it’s not bad. I also tried it out on the McCoy body, and it seems to have worked on the arms. Haven’t peeled the hands or torso, just yet.
              I was thinking of doing it again, but the results are already better.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎