X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiderman67
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 28, 2010

Head removal

Anyone removed a head from a EMCE/Mattel retro hero body?Wanting to restring body but can't remove the head.Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Take two mego's and call me in the morning.
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

The Retro Hero heads are tough. They have some sort of glue in there holding the head inside. What I do is hold the head under boiling water for about 30 seconds and then try to remove it--but you still have to work at it slowly and be careful. When pulling on the head, try to pull by the neck instead of the top of the head, or else you can end up tearing the head right off of the neck plug. This happened to me when I tried to switch Two-face to a better body; luckily the head came off exactly evenly all around so even though the neck plug was no longer attached, it still looked fine. I decided to just glue the Two-face head onto the new body and it looks great now. (The head doesn't swivel of course but that doesn't matter to me.)

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I used the boiling method to remove the Retro Heroes Batman head too. Luckily for me, it came out fine.

If you plan to restring and reuse the Mattel body, the boiling method works in reverse too. I actually reused the Robin FTC body for the Mattel Batman and was able to get the neck plug into the body.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎