• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • retrotoyboy
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2009

X ray gogs , polaris sub, hypno coin ,super strentgh

Hi check this out

Some guy has written a book about the items that used to be advertised in the back of comic books,

We had US comic books on sale here in the Uk in the 70s... I remember seeing these adds thinking how cool ! But my dad said at the time ...they won't send the stuff to England

Amazing! Incredible! Unbelievable! Eyeglasses that let you see through clothes. The secrets to super-human strength. Scary seven-foot tall ghosts that do ...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for the link--looks cool.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I was always fascinated with those mail-order promises in comic books. I even asked here if anyone ever ordered anything. I never had, but several Museum members said they had. One person was even able to tell me how NOT worth the "100-piece army" purchase was.

BTW, Secret Fun Spot is a great site to surf around. A lot of cool, cool stuff.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Those ads promised me muscles and abs of steel, but they never came in the post...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

I have that book. It's a really fun read, but quick. I do recommend it though. Glow-in-the-dark cover too!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎