Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intellivision and Colecovision retro consoles coming in October!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoCapnMike
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 22, 2012

Santa finally got my letter :-)
    Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• chazz530
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 20, 2013

Still have a original colecovision in the box. It was my favorite as a kid, much better than Atari & Intellivision.
      Come see my items for sale at:
      http://Webstore.com/~Chazz530

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Will Genesis Flashback 2 REALLY have 80 Genesis games or will it be like 1st Genesis Flashback 40 Genesis games and 40 little no name games?

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

^Pretty much,yes. Same with Colecovision. The Intellivision one seems to be the best one to get. Followed by the Atari 5 one. The Atari one comes with M Network games. So,you're getting some of their good sports games. I always liked Mattel's baseball game for the 2600 better than Atari's.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I still have my Atari 2600 and my Intellivision II in my room, (just not hoooked up) and 220 games between the 2 of them.

What's up w/ the Retro Atari only having 5 games and charging the same amount as the others w/ more games?
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

So far its mixed on the flashbacks. I've heard that Tower of Doom on the INTL fb is broken and that the Coleco fb has controller issues (easy breakage). I havent bought any of them yet. I really would like D@D games and a working Tower of Doom but I may wait and see if theres another release coming with improvements.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Still thinking of getting these, but in the meantime I still have my original Intellivision and ColecoVision consoles hooked up to my old TV.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                  Still thinking of getting these, but in the meantime I still have my original Intellivision and ColecoVision consoles hooked up to my old TV.
                  Thats the best way to play the old systems. It would have been really nice if they had added a cartridge slot. These systems are lacking alot if theres no Activision and Parker Bros. titles on them. Theres really no telling how long those old systems will be operational unless they can be sent somewhere for servicing so clones that are really close to the original hardware would be nice to have available.

Comment

• mazinz
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                    Thats the best way to play the old systems. It would have been really nice if they had added a cartridge slot. These systems are lacking alot if theres no Activision and Parker Bros. titles on them. Theres really no telling how long those old systems will be operational unless they can be sent somewhere for servicing so clones that are really close to the original hardware would be nice to have available.
                    StopNshop is selling the Atari one with 90 built in games along with the Sega one that has 80 games but also features a cartridge slot. I still have many of these older systems but if I want to play an old game i do it via an emulator. Just wondering how long it might be before someone figures a way to tap into this retro new systems so that you can either change or add more games to what is currently supplied
                    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Figuremod73
                      That 80's guy
                      • Jul 27, 2011

^ I'm interested in the Ouya but I'm waiting till a newer model that can run some of the newer systems a little smoother. It can just barely play Nintendo 64 at the moment.

I have one of the handheld Sega Genesis systems from Atgames (a older model). It has a SD slot and can be hookedup to a tv. It'll never beat a real genesis but its nice to have packed when you go off somewhere. I'm really interested in the Intellivision flashback but its a harder sell without stuff like Bump 'n Jump and Burger time not on it.

A atari flashback 2 can be made to play cartridge with some know how, I think I read the new ones cant be done that way though. We'll see...

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

I went ahead and got the Intellivision Flashback this morning since it was the first system I ever owned. That controller is still as cumbersome as ever but definately cant be replicated any other way except for the real thing. I have a old CRT that i'm going to have to hook a VCR to for the cable to get the full effect. This system seems to be fine so far from what ive played, I dont have any of the other new ones.
                        intellivision.jpg

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

I like the Intellivision FB over the Colecovision one. Better games and even the Intellivoice ones.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Does the Intellivision FB come with all the plastic inserts for the controllers?

Comment

• Figuremod73
                              That 80's guy
                              • Jul 27, 2011

It comes with around 10 of them. Not available yet but they should be on www.intellivisionlives.com in the near future.

The next version needs some of those cool homebrews that are being made.

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                I like the Intellivision FB over the Colecovision one. Better games and even the Intellivoice ones.
                                Intellivision gives me the willies, so I have no desire to look at that list of games. HowEVER I found the full list of games for Colecovision console. My GOODNESS are you right about poor game selection. There's, like, 60 games, yet I only recognize a few names. There's no excuse for that. If they can't swing something a diehard Colecovision guy like me would be interested in, how would they expect lesser-vid-game-geeks to be interested.
                                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎