Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intellivision and Colecovision retro consoles coming in October!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

The Nightstalker game looks good. I would like to try the homebrew sequel Ms. Nightstalker.

None of the flashback consoles Ive bought have lasted. I was really enjoying the INTL. one. I'm hanging onto the controllers though and will look into getting adaptors for the computer at some point. The controllers seem to be made better than the actual units.

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

Do these units have any ventilation holes in the them? Could be that they overheat and with no way for the hot air to escape it slowly (quickly) kills the electronics
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

No vent. With the Colecovision version I only had it for a week and barely played it. It just went out one day when I turned it on. All it had was color bars on the screen. I played the Intellivision constantly for about 4 months (sometimes up to two hrs in one sitting.) It ended up with the same problem. I took the colecovision a part and on the inside is just a small board, nothing looked loose so I tossed both units, just keeping the controllers.

The controllers are nice. Theres a adaptor for computers that I'll most likely end up getting. In the end it might be better anyways. I can play alot of the games that I was really missing on the flashbacks.

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

figured I would mention that toysRus has the Colecovision flashback units on clearance for 30$

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

I sure hope it's not common for these things to fizzle out the way mine did. The controllers that come with them are really great with a adaptor for the pc though.

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Figuremod73
              I sure hope it's not common for these things to fizzle out the way mine did. The controllers that come with them are really great with a adaptor for the pc though.
              Well that and the fact that the sound is not 100% correct. I had read the sound was a bit off and when playing I noticed it on some games. I also noticed that Squished Sam is missing the voice. It was one of the few games that featured digitized voice (he would yell Squishem and money money money, etc). PC emulators are still better but something about using this console I enjoy (ironic since I have an old modded xbox that has Coleco and a zillion other just about 100% correct emulation emus on there)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎