Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intellivision and Colecovision retro consoles coming in October!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Intellivision and Colecovision retro consoles coming in October!

Colecovision and Intellivision are back! Plus a new Atari Flashback with 100 games!

Colecovision Flashback with 60 games and classic controllers

Toys”R”Us is the leading kids store for all toys, video games, dolls, action figures, learning games, building blocks and more. C'mon, Let's Play!

Intellivision Flashback with 60 games and classic controllers

Toys”R”Us is the leading kids store for all toys, video games, dolls, action figures, learning games, building blocks and more. C'mon, Let's Play!

Atari Flashback 5

[Edit]

There's also a new version of the retro Sega Genesis console coming

Last edited by Werewolf; May 20, '14, 11:46 PM. Reason: added link
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Now that's sweeeeeet!

I love old school consoles...will definitely get the Atari...it has the best controllers out of the three (and I owned them all back in the day) .
    sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Outstanding!
      Still have original working Intellivision and ColecoVision consoles in the house.
      Will still try and pick up these "flashback" consoles.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

neat, and Colecovision has Zaxxon!!
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I don't really care for video games, but I may have to get these. ^Bruce Banner, I too have a working Intellivision still! Great stuff.

Comment

• kinostadt
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 14, 2004

That's cool that they all come with so many built in games, but does anyone know if it's possible to play original cartridges on them? Maybe a hack?

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Only the Sega Genesis one plays cartridges.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

would be nice if they listed the games that will be on them

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  would be nice if they listed the games that will be on them
                  I'm sure they will closer to release date.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I'll probably get the Intellivision version myself. I've got Intellivision Lives! for the PS 2 and Game Cube but the controllers for both systems don't work quite as well as the original Intellivision controllers.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

I will get Colecovision and Intellivision Flashback systems! This is totally awesome! I have Atari Flasback 1-3 systems and Sega Genesis! I also have Xbox Intellivision Lives! and never believed a Colecovision collection could be done because it has mostly LICENSED arcade games! *So most likely NO Donkey Kong or other Nintendo games! I wonder if we could get Turbo with Driving Module add on later and Roller Controller and Super Action controllers? I am 44 and in 1982 Colecovision became the DREAM system to me! I also had an Intellivision or Sears Super Video Arcade that I got for only $40 NEW on clearance in 1983 video game crash! Ah the Golden Age of video games kids today weren't around for! 60 games on each of these systems is generous and I cannot wait to see exactly which games they are!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                        I'll probably get the Intellivision version myself. I've got Intellivision Lives! for the PS 2 and Game Cube but the controllers for both systems don't work quite as well as the original Intellivision controllers.
                        I also have the Nintendo DS version, which is pretty cool.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                          I will get Colecovision and Intellivision Flashback systems! This is totally awesome! I have Atari Flasback 1-3 systems and Sega Genesis! I also have Xbox Intellivision Lives! and never believed a Colecovision collection could be done because it has mostly LICENSED arcade games! *So most likely NO Donkey Kong or other Nintendo games! I wonder if we could get Turbo with Driving Module add on later and Roller Controller and Super Action controllers? I am 44 and in 1982 Colecovision became the DREAM system to me! I also had an Intellivision or Sears Super Video Arcade that I got for only $40 NEW on clearance in 1983 video game crash! Ah the Golden Age of video games kids today weren't around for! 60 games on each of these systems is generous and I cannot wait to see exactly which games they are!
                          Looks like Colecovision will have licensed games. I'm seeing Zaxxon as one of the titles on the box.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

Yeah, Sega must have allowed Zaxxon and maybe Carnival, Space Fury, Subroc, etc! I want Sega Turbo with Driving Module! Maybe sold separately for $20 with Turbo and other racing games built-in?

Comment

• dee T.
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 25, 2012

Colecovision is coming back? This was my first game system as a kid. Except my controllers didn't look nothing those. Mine was a joystick on the left and there were four buttons on the right of that. Very cool system though. I played Star trek on mine every time I got a chance to play it.
                              Clothes make the doll

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎