X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    Seeing as how we're getting Spidey first,it would make sense that the first villain would be a Spidey foe.
    Agreed.
    So Doc Octopus for me!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• melkorjunior
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 20, 2014

The best possibility for a villain under the terms of this license is the Green Goblin I think. The original Mego is expensive and tough to find complete and minty, the Norman alter ego with his Nixonian hair and angry look would be a howl, and you could include a Goblin glider as an awesome and long-desired accessory. Maybe Hobgoblin could even be included as the modern version, but even if he couldn't be, a set with a repro of the Mego, a modern Goblin, and Norman, complete with a glider, would be an instant buy for me, and I bet for lots of other folks.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by melkorjunior
        The best possibility for a villain under the terms of this license is the Green Goblin I think. The original Mego is expensive and tough to find complete and minty, the Norman alter ego with his Nixonian hair and angry look would be a howl, and you could include a Goblin glider as an awesome and long-desired accessory. Maybe Hobgoblin could even be included as the modern version, but even if he couldn't be, a set with a repro of the Mego, a modern Goblin, and Norman, complete with a glider, would be an instant buy for me, and I bet for lots of other folks.
        Absolutely the set I would want also.

The Lizard would be awesome as well...they could include Curt Connors and mid-transformation Connors/Lizard. How cool would that be?

Comment

• melkorjunior
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 20, 2014

Give him gripping hands and include lots of pumpkin bombs and those razor-sharp bat-shaped thingies he used to always throw around. Two gliders, one for each Goblin, and make sure the figures can actually fit on them. Give Norman some civilian clothes that could work for any other civilian character so we have customizing options. A fedora hat would be nice too. A satchel that the pumpkin bombs and bat razor things can actually fit inside. A pointing hand with an attachable little starburst thing like he always used to fire to blind Spider-Man. And make sure the Goblin's head paint doesn't rub off at the tip of his long hat. Do all those things, and I'm definitely in for $80.

I really think the key to these sets will be the accessories. The more great, reusable accessories they can throw in, the more customizers will decide the sets make sense financially.

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Can't add Hobgoblin. Different character. Now Gobby, comic and movie versions and comic and movie egos would be cool. Add in both gliders and that would rule.
            Last edited by megocrazy; May 21, '14, 5:32 PM.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by megocrazy
              You beat me to it. Now you're thinking like the license is written. The best option I see is Loki. But only if a Hiddleston head is available as an option. Even to the point of an alter ego version since he got some decent screen time in the grey suit. If you did an exact copy of that it could work. Personally I'd pay the price for the two versions of Loki alone. Villains were tough with this license. Not a lot of options. I do think Nick Fury would be a good choice for a 3 pack. Gotta do the Hasslehoff head though from that crappy as movie he did.
              I'd take ANY version of Loki, even the butt ugly face he used to have back in the 60's! As long as I got a Hiddleston sculpt to go with it! Let's face it, he NAILED the part!
              JediJaida

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                I'd take ANY version of Loki, even the butt ugly face he used to have back in the 60's! As long as I got a Hiddleston sculpt to go with it! Let's face it, he NAILED the part!
                As unsatisfied as I am with the Spidey reboot, I'm not sure they could have done better with the Avengers. There's not really any one that I can say someone else could have done it better. Hiddleston was great, but the other actors will forever be known as those characters too.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Everyone else pales in comparison to Dr. Doom and Red Skull.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

It's not always easy to find three versions of each character, even popular ones.
                    My vote would be, release single figures in classic Mego style boxes. That's what I'd love.
                    It's also what I could afford...
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      It's not always easy to find three versions of each character, even popular ones.
                      My vote would be, release single figures in classic Mego style boxes. That's what I'd love.
                      It's also what I could afford...

That license is not available and the current holder does not seem interested in producing figures or sub contracting to let anyone else do so either.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by megocrazy
                        That license is not available and the current holder does not seem interested in producing figures or sub contracting to let anyone else do so either.
                        Aha. Never mind then...

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

What I would like to see is the underrated, underutilized and largely unloved Mysterio. What I think they should do is Dr. Doom or Green Goblin. Love the previous suggestion for a Green Goblin glider, so long as it's the 70's era version of it.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 30, 2012

Classic Mego Green Goblin with Norman Osborn head/hands/outfit and Harry Osborn head/outfit. Oh yeah, and the classic comic glider.

Comment

• melkorjunior
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 20, 2014

A Harry Osborn would definitely go nicely with the Peter Parker figure we're getting. But then I'd want Gwen, MJ and Flash to go with them--not to mention JJJ--and unfortunately that's not going to happen. (Though technically speaking Flash is Venom now, so maybe they could squeeze him into a set with a black-costumed Spidey?)

If they went with Mego Goblin, a Norman head, and a Harry head instead of a modern Goblin to round out the set I would at least want a Goblin outfit instead of a civilian outfit for Harry to wear. One costumed character and two civilians just seems a bit unbalanced. Of course they could skip Norman and just give us Harry. Or they could always give us the Mego Goblin with three extra heads and outfits instead of two--there's nothing in the contract preventing them from throwing in extra heads and outfits as long as they're all the same character. So, Mego Goblin, modern Goblin head and outfit, Norman head and outfit, Harry head and outfit? And a glider and pumpkin bombs and razor bats? Maybe?

Whether or not Harry and Norman, who were each the Green Goblin at some point, could both therefore be considered to be the same character under the license terms would be an interesting test of the license.

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
                                • May 18, 2014

How about Galactus?

He would fit the rules of the license. One body, one character, $80 price tag :-)

A really BIG mego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎