X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

What size screwdriver?

Trying to do some parts swapping on these Type S bodies, but having a bit of a time getting a screwdriver to fit into the holes. What type of screwdriver are people using? Small glasses style or another?

Any help would be appreciated!
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I just used one of the larger screwdrivers from a "precision" screwdriver set. I did receive one Type-S figure where one of the screws was already stripped too bad to turn. But all of my other figures were fine.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Thanks. I have a small precision one that fits in and seems to work now. One of my bodies seems to have a nearly stripped screw, but I was finally able to work it out. Haven't looked over all my bodies yet, but at least I found a screwdriver that seems to do the trick. Bit rough on the hands though (mine that is) and I have a lot of bodies to swap, haha.

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

The screws in mine were all stripped too. The only complaint I have. I swapped some of these out with screws from DST Universal Monsters bodies .

I hope Castaway and Zica will come up with a few different shades of color bodies. I have Spectre Toys' Barnabas Collins and Wolfman that would greatly benefit from a pale Caucasian body and African American body.

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

If the screws are stripped, first of all sorry about that and you know you can always send them back just let us know, but here is a good little trick you can try in the meantime.
          Open up the body and using a tooth pick or paper clip drizzle some super glue into the hole (Zap a gap makes a very real thin/runny one). Now let that dry a bit, might take a couple of applications. DO NOT screw it back together if it's still wet, that'll be the last time you do Once it dries it will fill in the stripped screw threads, then you can screw them back in and get a good tight fit again.

Dave

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

I'll be sure to make the factory aware of the problem on the next production run.

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

Is there any way the factory can be told to also tighten up some of the joints too? Some of the bodies have the loose shoulder and leg joints. I "fixed" the issue by wrapping electrical tape either on the ball joint of the hip area and/or the shoulder area.

Comment

• bgiles73
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 14, 2010

I'm by no means complaining about these new bodies. It's not really the threads that are stripped, It's the cross on the head of the screw that is just rounded out to the point that a Phillips screwdriver has nothing to bite into to back it out of the hole. I was able to get all but one of them apart. I did however trade out the screws from other bodies that used a slightly better screw.

Now about my other question- "Could you guys please make some paler bodies for vampires and pasty white boys that don't get out in the sun?" I don't want Barnabas, Dracula and the Phantom of the Opera all having reverse farmers tans. Lol

Thanks guys and keep up the great work!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by nubee
                  Is there any way the factory can be told to also tighten up some of the joints too? Some of the bodies have the loose shoulder and leg joints. I "fixed" the issue by wrapping electrical tape either on the ball joint of the hip area and/or the shoulder area.
                  Same problem I am having, its mostly after I've taken one apart. Its a problem with getting the screws tight enough the second time around.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
                    I'm by no means complaining about these new bodies. It's not really the threads that are stripped, It's the cross on the head of the screw that is just rounded out to the point that a Phillips screwdriver has nothing to bite into to back it out of the hole. I was able to get all but one of them apart. I did however trade out the screws from other bodies that used a slightly better screw.

Now about my other question- "Could you guys please make some paler bodies for vampires and pasty white boys that don't get out in the sun?" I don't want Barnabas, Dracula and the Phantom of the Opera all having reverse farmers tans. Lol

Thanks guys and keep up the great work!
                    I'll bring this issue up with the factory and ask that they take the necessary steps to prevent it from happening on future production runs. I'm also going to ask if they would be willing to include extra screws with each body.

As for making paler bodies, we can look into making both those and brown bodies.

Craig

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

I'd like several Brown Bodies if you guys are taking requests.....!lol
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Hamonrye
                        • Jan 4, 2008

I haven't tried disassembling any of the bodies I've received, but a cursory inspection reveals that they all have at least one screw with a stripped head. For some reason, the left shoulder seems particularly prone to this. A driver of the wrong size will probably strip them more. What is the recommended gauge?

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                          Permanent Member
                          • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                          Trying to do some parts swapping on these Type S bodies, but having a bit of a time getting a screwdriver to fit into the holes. What type of screwdriver are people using? Small glasses style or another?

Any help would be appreciated!
                          Go to page 4 in this link... I got that screwdriver set from target for $4 the flathead ones even work on the stripped screws for me so far.
                          When I saw the Photo on Facebook of a Guy holding Penguin and Catwoman I inquired about shipping. They told me it has in fact shipped and and told me it would be arriving to me tomorrow they gave me a shipping number and indeed Fed Ex has me scheduled for tomorrow delivery! Can't Wait.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Never mind what size screwdriver, what size screw?
                            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

get the Dollar Tree precision screwdriver set, its cheaper than Target.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎