Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark Kent AE head, Dinah Mite Don, or Superman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucasd4
    • Jun 1, 2007

Clark Kent AE head, Dinah Mite Don, or Superman?

I just found this Superman head in a lot of Mego stuff I recently purchased. The head has a different skin tone than my other Type 1 Superman heads. It has less red in it. There may be some super faint copyright marks on the neck, or none at all. It's hard to tell. Here are some pictures. The head in question is the one on the far left. The one in the middle is a regular Superman head and the head on the far right is a real AE Bruce Wayne head (coffee color and NO markings at all on the neck). Could he be a real Clark Kent head or possibly a Dinah Mite "Don?" Thanks

Last edited by lucasd4; May 18, '14, 5:25 PM.
  • skid14
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 23, 2011

no markings/faint markings, the lack of red color in the mix usually point to an AE/SI head. i dunno what head was used for Don maybe someone else can chime in.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

my guess is its don ,i have two dons that look just like that head and discription fits.just my thought.

Comment

• josephcardone
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 10, 2010

It is difficult to tell from the picture. I have had a number of AE heads from time to time and I believe they vary a bit in color too so it could be - but it looks more like the Don that I have - it seems to have more of a mocha color. A good score either way - the Don is rare too

Comment

• lucasd4
          • Jun 1, 2007

Thanks for the input, guys. Seems like he could be either one. Now I just have to decide whether to display him as a Clark or a Don
          Last edited by lucasd4; May 19, '14, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Mr Mego
            Love to play with Megos
            • Oct 19, 2003

Wow... I didn't know Don's head is legit, very interested. I have the same as your AE Bruce Wayne. He has mocha coffee skin.
            Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I'm not an expert but to me it looks like the mocha color head is larger in height and width than the other two, so if your saying the Bruce is an actual AE Wayne, I'm guessing the mocha color one would be a Don head.

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

Nice color comparisons. Mocha colored head with either no copyright info or faint copyright info would be a Clark Kent. Peach color with absolutely NO trace of copyright info would be a Mego Don and long neck stems on either (type 1 style) with early paint, protruding pupils into lower lid, etc for the Don. There are variations on paint styles but they tend to run in groups from what I've seen over the years.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎