X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod-Stallions Episode 17: Transmute!

Episode 17 is a benchmark for us, as it's our first guest and that guest is comics legend Alex Ross. Alex joins us to talk about a favourite subject of both Jason and Brian, the animated series Battle of the Planets.
    We discuss our earliest memories of the show, it's origins, merchandise, further iterations, how it changed Brian's life (seriously) and Alex describes his experiences playing in the BOTP sand box when he got to produce 12 issues of the comic.

Of course, it's never easy to stay completely on topic. and the conversation turns to talk of Mego action figures, the fate of Gwen Stacy and the whereabouts of Casey Kasem?

Transmute and listen to Pod Stallions Episode 17 here!

Download the Show Here

Listen here

Show Links:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, what a fun conversation to sit in on. It's so nice to hear a big time comics super-star like Ross just geek out, unabashedly. He's always come off as being very passionate about the stuff he likes, and it shows here. You guys had a great casual flow amongst the three of you.

I have very vague memories of watching BOP. I'm not even sure I knew what the name of the show was. They were the "bird people" and it kind of weirded me out that their enemy looked like Batman with lipstick...but I liked the show quite a bit. I would have scooped up toys, had I found them. I remember seeing the comic advertise din other Gold Key/Western books, but I never saw it on the stands.

I never get tired of you and your wife's "origin story". You can't make that type of stuff up!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks for the listen Chris! I didn't have much interest in doing an interview with Alex, I wanted to just let him talk and enjoy himself.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I liked the way you DIDN'T go into all that with him. It was him just being a geek and yakking about something he loves. There are tons of interviews at there with Ross for that, but I've never seen him just go full nerd on a subject like this.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

You should definitely have Alex Ross back on the show at some point! He's a natural.

My favourite episode yet (on my favourite subject).
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I know that TBS (WTBS Superstation) back then, ran BOTP (G-Force). That was/is, of course, a cable station.

However, I mainly watched it on local TV in syndication.

- Ian
            Last edited by EmergencyIan; May 22, '14, 1:44 PM.
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎