• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

DC Retro Action Heroes

Hey guys,

I really enjoyed the DC Retro Action Heroes line and actually loved the new bodies that were made for the figures. I was wondering what other lines heads fit with these bodies? I tried a few different female heads to fit on a Cheetah body and they seemed to not work. Also do the male figures have this same problem or do standard mego scale heads work on their bodies? I am looking to make a few customs and was wondering about these questions in particular. Thanks for any help in advance!
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I think most people took the heads and put them on Mego or mego style bodies because the Mattel bodies are garbage

Comment

• Mego Magyar
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 17, 2011

Other mego type female heads will work on the DC Retro female body with a little modification to the neck - I posted how I did it here http://megomuseum.com/community/show...14#post1104514

I think male head will work without to much trouble.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Mattel went rubberbandless for the arms, I never got why they didn't go all the way. They would have been the bandless pioneers and the criticism of the bodies would have been silenced.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Mattel went rubberbandless for the arms, I never got why they didn't go all the way. They would have been the bandless pioneers and the criticism of the bodies would have been silenced.
          If you look at the body it's got a Big Jim shape and is assembled similar to Masters of the Universe. It's only been 30+ years since those were created. Can't expect Mattel to be too cutting edge.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
            • Aug 14, 2007

Yeah, from the waist up, they rule.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎