• EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

EMCE body mods/repairs, tips, tricks, chains & whips

Post away
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Combining EMCE bodies with other toys...

So, I'm always on the lookout for toys to scrap and combine with MEGOS for customs. This is some of what I've found so far...

1. XEVOZ: A very cool modular action figure toy by the makers of Stikfas. They aren't scale to Mego, but some of the parts can fit really well.

Here's what I did with one:

Here's how I combined the parts:

I cut off the emce body at the wrist and drilled up into the forearm, a little smaller hole than the part I'm putting in, so I heat it up and force it in. If it wasn't going to be exposed, I would have left it as is, but since it would stick out of the suit, I tried to smooth it out with milliput, paint and varnish.

Ditto for the legs, but they would be hidden by the pants, so I just let it ride.

2. Skeleflex are cool skeleton dinosaur/monster modular building toy. They make dinosaurs, monsters and all kinds of stuff that can be combined.

Here's what I'm doing with it.

I dremeled and heated the elbow to fit the elbow from the dinosaur in. It has full articulation, but required a little bit of cutting/sanding/drilling to fit.

The feet I got in using the same cut/drill process from the xevoz.

The only snag is that both toys are a little on the pricey side. I bought mine at a yard sale for $1 Lot of fun Frankensteing the parts together.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I like these combinations. A friend of mine is a Xevoz fanatic--it never occurred to me to combine them w/ Mego.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
        Mighty Man/Monster Maker
        • Aug 14, 2007

It's a real shame that xevoz aren't scale, the heads and things are super cool.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

I don't know if everyone does this, but I wanted to change my Retro Action figures over to Doc Mego bodies, but I didn't think the hands were interchangeable and I wanted my Green Lantern to have Green Lantern hands, so I experimented with my Sinestro (I had an extra).

I heated up the mattel and emce elbows, popped them loose (the emce one (smaller) usually broke) then I drilled the emce elbow wide as the mattel one, heated it all up and then squeezed it together. When it cooled it worked fine.

I'm not presenting myself as an expert, I just like talking about frankensteining these things.

Comment

• RobTMego
            Career Member
            • Mar 15, 2013

Wow, fun and cool Ideas you spawn in us!!

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

Fantastic Gary!
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Just ran across this again by accident. Thought I would post the link here.

Tanning Up Those Matty's

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎