This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny lavalgo
    • Jun 7, 2015

So same problem as me. I emailed FTC too, many times, they never answer. In fact I think they don't care about problems with this toy line and same thing about their customers. Just poor sellers!

Comment

• K
      Fun Will Now Commence
      • Jun 20, 2001

For the female CTVT restringing to correct the hunching: were there originally photos in that post? If so, I can't view them for some reason.

EDITED TO ADD: weird! I copied and pasted the post into word for printing and the images are there! WOW! Thanks , folks!
      I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Another wobbly head fix...

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        That's a beauty. Another trick for the head wobble is to boil it, slide in a pen or marker to widen it, then pop it in the freezer. Once it's cold to the touch slide the pen/marker back out and the plug will hold some of the stretch. I had to do it to a Flash head I just got from their loose selections a few days ago.

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

Just picked up my first FTC toy, Mr. Freeze. There is much that I like about the look of the doll, but I have some concerns about the actual construction of the figure - it is very difficult to stand and pose, as the stringing seems to be very loose, and the head plug seems to be just a little too small for the provided hole, so the noggin wobbles and spins quite easily. Pardon my ignorance, but are there easy fixes to either of these issues? I like to actually fuss and play with my toys, but grew so frustrated with this new fella that I almost immediately popped him into a sitting position and left him on the edge of a shelf...
          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by toothaction
            Just picked up my first FTC toy, Mr. Freeze. There is much that I like about the look of the doll, but I have some concerns about the actual construction of the figure - it is very difficult to stand and pose, as the stringing seems to be very loose, and the head plug seems to be just a little too small for the provided hole, so the noggin wobbles and spins quite easily. Pardon my ignorance, but are there easy fixes to either of these issues? I like to actually fuss and play with my toys, but grew so frustrated with this new fella that I almost immediately popped him into a sitting position and left him on the edge of a shelf...
            The most immediate fix for the head plug is to take some electrical tape and cut off about three inches worth and tightly wrap it right around the edge of the plug itself that grabs inside the body. You're not wanting this to show when you put the head back in. That should alleviate any wiggle room and give it a snug fit. Let me look at mine for the balance and see if it suffers the same. I'll reply back with my findings.

Comment

• Scott Beatty
              • Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone have a tip for removing the clear glue/rubber cement that FTC uses to attach certain accessories (glasses on Harry Potter, etc.) to the Mego repros? I have a Green Arrow that has a small dollop of factory-applied adhesive on the costume that was used to keep GA's belt from the quiver in place. I want to get rid of it without using chemicals or undressing the figure. Any ideas?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Gah! Why the heck did they do that? I"m not sure what to suggest with the suit still on--rubbing alcohol is useful and pretty safe.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• markp67
                  • Jun 22, 2010

Originally posted by Scott Beatty
                  Does anyone have a tip for removing the clear glue/rubber cement that FTC uses to attach certain accessories (glasses on Harry Potter, etc.) to the Mego repros? I have a Green Arrow that has a small dollop of factory-applied adhesive on the costume that was used to keep GA's belt from the quiver in place. I want to get rid of it without using chemicals or undressing the figure. Any ideas?
                  A rubber cement pick-up will take it right off.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Fixing the posture of a FTC female figure using pipe cleaner... from comicmike!

I must profess that I had my doubts about the announcement 12 inch figures, but not THIS ONE! She stands up straight! No floppy limbs or waist. She's wearing panties! That was a bit of a shock seeing as none of the other female figures did. Her sculpt is a dead replica of their more generic heads, but with rusty red
                    Last edited by TRDouble; Jan 17, '19, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                      Youngest Mego Fan
                      • Aug 30, 2019

When I read "chains and whips" I thought of Catwoman.
                      FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Fix for FTC Muscle Body Arms

For the FTC Muscle Body with arm issues:

Originally posted by MIB41
                        There's an easy fix for that. When the factory hooked the arms on, they turned the arms the wrong way twisting the band, resulting in the spring effect. Pull the outfit off the arms and turn both the arms counter clockwise. This will alleviate the spring action and they'll operate and pose as normal. That's how I received mine and that immediately fixed him.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2019

Does anyone know if the S type regular legs would pop onto the Muscle type S bodies hips?
                          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

I've actually taken to ditching the metal hooks for the muscle body arms altogether. They are not engineered like the originals, and they're always off center. I just restring right through the arm holes after wideneing the shoulder hole a bit (better fit makes them hold a pose better).

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎