Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FTC body mods/repairs, tips, tricks, chains & whips

Does anyone have a tip for removing the clear glue/rubber cement that FTC uses to attach certain accessories (glasses on Harry Potter, etc.) to the Mego repros? I have a Green Arrow that has a small dollop of factory-applied adhesive on the costume that was used to keep GA's belt from the quiver in place. I want to get rid of it without using chemicals or undressing the figure. Any ideas?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Gah! Why the heck did they do that? I"m not sure what to suggest with the suit still on--rubbing alcohol is useful and pretty safe.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beatty View Post
    Does anyone have a tip for removing the clear glue/rubber cement that FTC uses to attach certain accessories (glasses on Harry Potter, etc.) to the Mego repros? I have a Green Arrow that has a small dollop of factory-applied adhesive on the costume that was used to keep GA's belt from the quiver in place. I want to get rid of it without using chemicals or undressing the figure. Any ideas?
    A rubber cement pick-up will take it right off.

Fixing the posture of a FTC female figure using pipe cleaner... from comicmike!

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...91#post1398591
    Last edited by TRDouble; Jan 17, '19 at 12:39 PM.