Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Deleted
    Last edited by Boywonder0; May 10, '14, 6:47 AM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Chains and whips? Oh man...are we a teensy weensy bit frustrated today?
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

My fix for the broken arms is to take a match and fuse the pieces back together and then reinforce with a layer of superglue all around the fused area. I had to do that with my Riddler and it holds great.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

I was a bit behind the curve and only recently ordered the Batman Series 1. I just got them yesterday from EE and both Batman and Robin, and possibly Riddler have left arms that are either broken or loose. I have seen other posts where this seemed to be a common problem. What are people doing in this situation? Returning them and asking for replacement? If so, I'm curious if any of the replacements are in the same shape. Repairs? Body switches? I haven't decided what to do yet or even looked closely enough to see HOW they are broken. From reading other posts, It sounds like the hooks are pulling right through and breaking the plastic? Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Fix for 1966 Batman & Robin Gloves falling off, thanks to libby 1957dog (I have not tried myself yet):

The ball pegs on the wrists may be pushed in too far on the 1966 Batman & Robin figures. Boil water to soften the pegs and pull them out a bit, leaving the peg sticking out a little more. When the wrist cools, the pegs stay in place perfectly well and holds the glove on great.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Update:
              Originally posted by magyar1964
              I restring CTVT bodies all the time and the O-Ring that I use and found to be a good replacement are 13/16th"O.Dx5/8th"I.D.x3/32" - Danco brand #12

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

I am going to try the o rings if they work as well as magyar says I am going to replace all the rubber bands from the first two waves with o rings. The rubber bands FTC used on the first two waves are exactly like the original Megos, only about a half inch shorter, creating far too much tension and the weak point is the shoulder hooks. One of my Riddler arms came off and the hook in the shoulder had literally pulled through the plastic. I took the body apart and the right arm had almost pulled through as well.

I also like MIB's tip above, I'll try that on the broken arm I have.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                  I was a bit behind the curve and only recently ordered the Batman Series 1. I just got them yesterday from EE and both Batman and Robin, and possibly Riddler have left arms that are either broken or loose. I have seen other posts where this seemed to be a common problem. What are people doing in this situation? Returning them and asking for replacement? If so, I'm curious if any of the replacements are in the same shape. Repairs? Body switches? I haven't decided what to do yet or even looked closely enough to see HOW they are broken. From reading other posts, It sounds like the hooks are pulling right through and breaking the plastic? Any and all thoughts are appreciated!
                  Hey sorry you didn't get an answer sooner. MIB's post above is a possible fix if the arm popped loose from being pulled through the plastic. You could try emailing FTC and asking for 3 new bodies, they sent me one for my Riddler, but for the others I am going to try swapping the (too short) black rubber bands for o rings as mentioned above.

Good luck!

PS: If you email FTC you might want to give them the option to send you either 3 new bodies, or at least 3 arms, 2 with flesh colored hands, and 1 with purple for Riddler. That way they can tell you aren't just trying to get some free bodies.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by MIB41
                    My fix for the broken arms is to take a match and fuse the pieces back together and then reinforce with a layer of superglue all around the fused area. I had to do that with my Riddler and it holds great.
                    MIB just did this with my Riddler and it works just as you said. One thing I did was put a toothpick in the hole at the shoulder so that way you don't melt the plastic and accidentally close the hole. Will be adding super glue next, thanks for the great tip!

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Female figure neck repair and restring;

I used a tiny flathead screwdriver to open the FTC clip. If you stick it in above the place where the tie goes in on the front of the clip you can pull the tie out without breaking it.

Neck is wrong and strung too tight. It actually pulls her into a position where her stomach is sucked in.

Pulled the head off and clipped only the band sticking out of the top of the neck. Then clipped it down in the pelvis area. I did NOT clip the bands that attach the legs or arms, they are seperate.

Used needle nose plyers to pull the neck from the body, I had hoped the neck would fall through the body and out the bottom, but the poles inside the torso won't allow it. You have to muscle it a little bit and the torso seam on the shoulder might split, I glued it with a tiny drop of super glue.

I used doll stringing elastic cord, starting by going into the neck, through the torso, through the ball joint and into the pelvis, it has to go around a post in the pelvis and back up through the body again. Note: I believe the ball joint is on upside down with these figures, I think some have said that the larger hole is supposed to go down.

To make the turn you might have to go out the leg hole and back into the pelvis.

Then I went back up through the torso and the neck and pulled it tight. I tied it off and made a knot, then I put a drop of super glue on the knot just to make sure it doesn't come undone. Put her head and clothes back on and repackaged her.

Last edited by jayraytee; Sep 29, '14, 7:43 AM.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

jayraytee, Thank you! I've done similar here, and these types of posts deserve to be add to the MM as valuable advice. Keep up the good work. We need it.

Comment

• Slarivier
                          • Sep 21, 2014

This actually looks easy enough for me to do... thank you so much!

Comment

• Johnny lavalgo
                            • Jun 7, 2015

Cool.

I have one batman & one robin (8" classic tv series figure by FTC).
                            Problem when I opened the clamsells I have find figures with cracked neck (all around).
                            I have contact Figures Toy Company who never answer... So I need one Batman head and one Robin head to repair my figures.
                            Anyone know where I can buy those heads???
                            (It's very difficult for me so I live in France and there is not Customer service for this).
                            Thank you.

Comment

• wise guy
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 29, 2014

I had a FTC Shazam fist fighter with a cracked neck and I emailed FTC and they sent me a new head. It probably helped that I was ordering more stuff from them

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎