X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astro-greg
    • Mar 8, 2010

Dick Tracy & The Blank

HI,
    It's been awhile since i've posted anything. Had to take some time from customs to expand my business.
    (still had time for some simple mods, conversions of Retro Action's to new bodies

I've been trying to get to a Dick Tracy for awhile. And I had some spare parts lying around that I tried for a Blank, too.
    image.jpg
    The Dick Tracy is from a head purchased off eBay and painted by me. Not been able to find them here on the forums, but I like their work a lot.
    He is sporting a suit jacket from the EMCE Zombie kit, pants from...somewhere I can't remember, and a tie from CTVT that has been altered with tape until I can get some nice painted stripes on it. I am working on sewing a yellow trench for him, but my lack of a sewing machine and inability to sew a straight line makes it a very slow process. Add in the inherited arthritis, and well hopefully Tracy doesn't get chilly anytime this year

image.jpgimage.jpg
    The Blank is the head of Starsky with a face sculpted on with Moldable Plastic. I then painted it to match the flesh neck. I had originally intended to make the face removable by imbedding a magnet into the mask and gluing one inside the head. I am still considering this, and scarring up Starsky to match the comic Strip Blank. Unlike the movie, it's a man and not Madonna. His clothes come from extras I had around the house. And the head is the one from BBP's 4th Doctor.

Blank02.jpg

Next up on my slow crawl of customizing is Space Spectre!
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Looks awesome, man! I don't know space spectre, but sounds cool!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
      • Aug 14, 2007

I've been wanting to do a dick tracy, too. Was going to use one of ctvt long lab coats dyed yellow and maybe modified. Sculptor from eBay used to be a member here. Seems like a cool guy. Heckuva good sculptor.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

I really like that Dick Tracy, in particular! Nice customs!

Comment

• astro-greg
          • Mar 8, 2010

Thanks for the compliments!

And for clearing that up. I wondered how he couldn't be on the forums.

FYI - The Space Spectre is sort of the Anti-Space Ghost. He is in inverted colors of Space Ghost and appeared in one of the shorts from the 80's run. He was released as a variant of the first Space Ghost figure from the late 90's early 00's.

Originally posted by GaryPlaysWithDolls
          I've been wanting to do a dick tracy, too. Was going to use one of ctvt long lab coats dyed yellow and maybe modified. Sculptor from eBay used to be a member here. Seems like a cool guy. Heckuva good sculptor.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

neat figures, Dick Tracy would be a really cool retro line.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2, 2013

love it!
              My EPIC FOR SALE threat ! http://megomuseum.com/community/show...oys-Real-nice!

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2, 2013

You could also get a white lab coat and dye it yellow !

Comment

• astro-greg
                  • Mar 8, 2010

Originally posted by CAZAFANTASMA
                  You could also get a white lab coat and dye it yellow !
                  I know, and I have a couple of different lab coats at home with the intention of trying it. But I am so in love with the coat Castaway's did for their Phantom disguise set, that the Blank currently sports, I am not sure I could tolerate a different style.

I've got the pattern from the MM homepage, and just have to round up some tiny yellow buttons to finish it off...after I actual finish it

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2, 2013

COOL! Mine was based on the movie so i did the suit black and used one of the applause figs head. I custom made the tommy gun.... and used one of the museum's templates to do one coat!
                    dicktracyc.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎