Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with the THE LIVING FOSSIL?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

What's the deal with the THE LIVING FOSSIL?

Using a yard-sale Skeleflex toy (modular skeleton building thing) and combined with a Doc buff body.

Skeleflex is a pretty cool toy. They started out making dinosaurs and have made mythical creatures and aliens and other weirdness.

Problem is, I don't know what this guy's deal it. I don't know what the next step for him is. I just had this toy that I thought would merge with mego awesomely.

I don't know if he is a sci-fi alien, fifties monster, superhero/supervillain, Green Lantern, mutant or what.

Anybody have any ideas?

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

I really like where this is going. Great job! It has got a great alien quality to it. I can see him fighting Batman or even Ultraman.
    Last edited by Neutron X; May 25, '14, 2:36 PM.

Comment

• SentientApe
      Career Member
      • May 1, 2014

You might want to consider a custom Yellow Lantern, as that would involve clothing to cover up the non-skeletal body portions, and still be Fear-inducing. Alternately, a Red Lantern, but the figure seems to beg Yellow.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

50's monster for sure, I'd sure hate to see it end up part of the Rainbow Lantern Corps.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

I missed the whole multicolored lantern business, so it doesn't make sense to me. The only green, yellow and red lanterns that I know are on traffic lights.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Looks great to me!
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

If you did some paper mache type skin over him it would make for a pretty creepy monster. Maybe shredded clothes, too.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

It looks very cool. I don't know what way I would go with it, but I have to admit I would probably go the Lantern route. He is an excellent merge with the Mego body.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

So cool--he should team up with the Faceless Man
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mahseer
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Sep 21, 2012

Doh........the feeling when someone builds something you've been planning to build! I like the bandage idea. Something like the Cocoboy figure.Dscn0635cropped.jpg

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 13, 2009

Maybe something along the lines of Stegron?

Comment

• astro-greg
                        • Mar 8, 2010

Oh, I love this figure!
                        If you are going with a fossil concept, you open yourself to a whole lot of options.
                        I might either put him into a gray jumpsuit, and paint it in a rock like style. As if his is trapped in stone, and these are the only pieces that have been excavated so far.
                        Or, paint it with a gray overlay, and then work towards a stone motif, but glue other plastic bones to the limbs and torso. Again, going with the fossil motif, but it's been blended with other fossils to take the shape of a man.

Anyway, whatever you go with is going to be cool!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                          • Aug 14, 2007

Awesome disease everybody. I actually considered the "excavated" from stone look and after seeing t-Bill's thing, I think I may go that way.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by mahseer
                            Doh........the feeling when someone builds something you've been planning to build! I like the bandage idea. Something like the Cocoboy figure.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10773[/ATTACH]
                            Happy you suggested this, mahseer. I couldnt find a decent picture of the Cococroc last night, but I think this is a great idea!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                              • Aug 14, 2007

I just noticed how screwed up my last post was. I meant great "ideas" and that it was "T-bolt's" thing that really showed me how to do what I want to do.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎