Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

I don't really care if they were *real* or not, they're real enough now and some people enjoy collecting variants regardless of how/why they became. They also tend to sell for more which makes for some good conjecture over the how/why. Usually there's no harm in that; buy what you like at prices you're comfortable with.

I don't collect WGSH, which was why I asked back on the RM Robin. I guess in your sarcasm you're stating that Mego used fabrics and dyes that shifted across their production lines and we should never think there were any other colors but some standard for each figure. That's an interesting theory, just not one I completely believe given the *real* products that still exist. That theory is better supported in suggesting that certain fabrics (those that were perhaps a different texture, contained a different dye, etc.) experienced entire color shift result in pink, brown, whatevers. Either way something was/is different about them, which gets back to the heart of the conversation.

Comment

• skid14
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 23, 2011

fabric, dye method. something causes it. should it be considered a variant? yes, i believe so. plenty of brown cornys out there. it wasnt something they changed as quick as the wgsh color benders....heres something to consider.....how long before the cornys or other figs started changing colors??? seems as if all the cornys are already brown where we still have wgsh in the process of changing. ive had a rm robin for about 10 years now that gets yellower each year and a aquaman thats almost completely yellow right next to one thats just starting to turn. i cant recall having a corny change on me. they are either green or already turned brown if they are. you dont see any with two tones or streaks. just different shades or brown.

Comment

• josephcardone
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 10, 2010

I think the thread may be a give away a lot of times with color change - it seems to happen with the earlier ribbed fabric I think. The RM Robin has the ribbed fabric and has seemed to shifted to yellow

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎