Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why could't FTC make the Great White Shark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Why could't FTC make the Great White Shark?

What an easy thing for them and a holy grail for so many..they'd sell a ton of 'em.
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I'd buy one as long as the price didn't get north of $150.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

No idea why the Aquaman/Great White Shark two-pack couldn't sell for $75 tops. Wasn't the shark about the same size as the figure?

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Tooling is expensive and there would likely be no interest in it being carried by big box stores which would limit the amount made. Generally in manufacturing, the fewer made the more expensive each individual piece.

I'm just estimating a toy of that nature would be in the $50 to $75 dollar range if it did have wide distribution at Wal-mart or TArget. Without their customer base, I'm guessing the price point could double.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

They could buy my 3d files....

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^ I wish they would--you deserve it IMO.

I'd welcome the opportunity--and pay accordingly--for a GWS repro set.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I see this as a risk. I wouldn't buy one. It's just a silly shark. LOL
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                I see this as a risk. I wouldn't buy one. It's just a silly shark. LOL
                If they would do it as the original was done with Aquaman and repro box/package it would be a HUGE seller.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

and then repurpose it for Batman '66. Gotta use that repellant on something.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

BBear, Do you dislike all sharks, or just the rare ones affiliated with a DC b-lister? lol

I concede the risk of expensive tooling, though, versus sell-through.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      and then repurpose it for Batman '66. Gotta use that repellant on something.
                      Not a bad idea, add a rope ladder on a display box--nifty.

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        ^ I wish they would--you deserve it IMO.

I'd welcome the opportunity--and pay accordingly--for a GWS repro set.
                        Thank ya sir

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

well the reason it sold so well in the day was because of the movie Jaws,It's not something I'd want "remegoed" personally though the 66 batman is a good idea lol

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                            well the reason it sold so well in the day was because of the movie Jaws
                            Great point I forgot about Jaws being so popular then.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

How bout if someone just sculpted a better looking shark, realistic instead of the generic looking one Mego made. Then you could sell it with Aquaman and Aqualad as limited edition collectors box set......The mego guys alone would buy it.
                              Last edited by kingdom warrior; May 9, '14, 4:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎