Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DST Marvel: What 3 pack do you want to see?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

I'm hoping the Cap set to be unveiled at SDCC will be an original Mego repro (hopefully with corrected sleeves and boots), a modern Cap, and a Rogers head with a Strike Suit outfit. Also throw in a triangular shield, a cosmic cube, and a WW2-era gun. The big problem with any Cap set for me is I always thought the orignal Mego looked like crap so I have no particular interest in the repro figure. So the other two figures in the pack will really have to wow me.

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

My expectations with the Captain America set would be 1)Exact reproduction of the original Cap, 2) An updated rendition of that same figure (better head sculpt, suit with white sleeves and black belt, Non-oven mitt gloves, Flap Boots, etc.) and 3)Steve Rogers...

Looking forward to see at least a Prototype at SDCC in a couple of hours...

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
        My expectations with the Captain America set would be 1)Exact reproduction of the original Cap, 2) An updated rendition of that same figure (better head sculpt, suit with white sleeves and black belt, Non-oven mitt gloves, Flap Boots, etc.) and 3)Steve Rogers...

Looking forward to see at least a Prototype at SDCC in a couple of hours...
        That's what I'm hoping for exactly as well! I just hope they change the licensing parameters so they can offer straight up repros on the original mego Marvel figs that do not lend themselves to this format! I would love NEW Marvel megos, but truth be told....I would want repros of all original mego's first/concurrently!

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

wolverine-FA whiskers suit,yellow and blue stripes,Byrne brown suit
          Thor-regular Thor,bearded Thor,Simonson armored Thor
          Daredevil-Matt Murdock,red suit,FA red and yellow suit
          Ironman-Tony Stark,bronze age armor,Don Heck pointed helmet suit
          Cap America-Steve Rogers,Mego cap,modern cap(the captain/USAgent suit would be cool)

Comment

• DSTZach
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 1, 2012

We showed our repro Cap at C2E2. It's in the case at SDCC, along with Steve Rogers and a modernized classic Cap.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

Cannot wait to see 3 Cap figures, DSTZach! Will any others be at SDCC?

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  There are so many characters I would love to collect but in order to adjust to the big money I would love to see them expand there 3 pack. I said this on the FTC, I do not really care for most civilian version of the hero/villain. Some are needed but not ever character needs them. This would open up to the fact that you have three outfits to choose from. So follow my train of thought and add your own idea for a three pack:

Wolverine:

I would love a Wolverine if only he were made short like his comic book character. The three outfits I would love are the following:
                  1. classic yellow & blue with two heads (wiskers and regular)
                  2. Classic Brown
                  3. X-Men Blue and Yellow outfit. I actually think this should come in every X-Men package.

Thor:

I would like to see a three pack of the Thor Corps instead of just Thor
                  1. Mego classic Thor
                  2. Beta Ray Bill Thor
                  3. Thunderstrike

Spider-Women

I really want the classic Jessica Drew Spider-Woman. This is the Spider-Woman I grew up reading and watching and wanted a Mego. There are many Spider-Women in the comics but only three that would fit in with the Mego world:
                  1. Jessice Drew Spider-Woman (with possible the no-hair Hydra version head as a bonus)
                  2. Julie Carpenter
                  3 either Mattie Franklin, May Parker, or Silk
                  Your Thor and Spider Woman selections are against the license. The Thor was actually discussed. I would love to see a Beta Ray Bill figure in Mego scale too. All 3 figures had to be from the same character. No matter how similar, they may be. Unless the license is revised, which I doubt, it is what it is.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I'd like to see a bad guy.....Red Skull seems like a logical choice. I would think that three different, cool versions could be wrangled. If it can't be a villain, I wouldn't mind Nick Fury or David Banner/Grey Hulk/Green Hulk.

Comment

• melkorjunior
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 20, 2014

I found a picture from C2E2 online--it shows an exact repro of the original Cap figure and his shield and his box. Which is great for everyone who wants one, but the figure has never done anything for me unfortunately, not with the incorrect sleeves and boots. I assume I'll like the modern Cap figure they're going to include, but here's hoping the Steve Rogers figure comes with a Strike suit--if not that means I'll only be interested in one figure out of a three figure set and for $80, that just doesn't work for me.

Mego-Cap.jpg

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

That's an original Cap head, Doc boots, and a hand-sewn outfit I am pretty sure.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Hope to see some cool prototypes from ComicCon. I think seeing more of the Cap package is likely. Would love to see something of IronMan, Thor, Wolverine and a villain.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

We will have a man on the ground, hoping for some fun reveals.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by melkorjunior
                              I found a picture from C2E2 online--it shows an exact repro of the original Cap figure and his shield and his box. Which is great for everyone who wants one, but the figure has never done anything for me unfortunately, not with the incorrect sleeves and boots. I assume I'll like the modern Cap figure they're going to include, but here's hoping the Steve Rogers figure comes with a Strike suit--if not that means I'll only be interested in one figure out of a three figure set and for $80, that just doesn't work for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11832[/ATTACH]
                              I'll probably only be interested in the Mego repro figure and box from each set. May buy the set and sell the 2 heads/suits on eBay. Smart move on their part to make the repro box displayable by itself.

Comment

• melkorjunior
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Apr 20, 2014

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                                I'll probably only be interested in the Mego repro figure and box from each set. May buy the set and sell the 2 heads/suits on eBay. Smart move on their part to make the repro box displayable by itself.
                                I agree, and I like the box. If Rogers comes with a Strike suit I'll buy the set and display the repro Cap in the box; if not I'll skip the set and just buy the newer version of Cap on ebay. I'm also skipping Wolverine because I don't care about the character. Hopefully I'll like what they come up with for Iron Man.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎