Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

petition for Bif Bang Pow to team with Zica for 3 3/4 classic Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • classicgalacticalover
    • Feb 19, 2010

petition for Bif Bang Pow to team with Zica for 3 3/4 classic Battlestar Galactica

Okay ,after seeing Craigs work on the Six Million Dollar man action figures it is obvious that he should be doing classic Battlestar Galactica. Comments made on the Zica forum indicate there is a strong desire for this franchise in this format. I hope I am not causing trouble but Craig suggested we start this thread to show Jason at Bif Bang Pow there is interest. So how about it fans of classic retro figures and Battlestar can we convince them? Count my vote!
  • Jeff Cope
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 11, 2013

I'm putting in my vote! I would love a retro-styled Classic Battlestar Galactica 3-3/4" line. I'd love to see it happen!

Seeing the amazing work BBP did with Twilight Zone, makes me really want to see the style extend to classic Galactica.

...with Apollo this time, please.

Comment

• megonaught
      Career Member
      • Jan 29, 2008

Count me in.
      I would love to see a retro line of these done.
      Action Jackson is his name.
      Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I'd buy em.

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

me too!!!!

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

Count me in as well. An all out Battlestar Galactica line with Cylon Raiders and Colonial Vipers. The Mattel line never really did this property any justice. Other attempts were made but these always left me wanting more! Let's add Battlestar Galactica to BBP's roster and then get on to other cool properties too (cough, cough Flash Gordon cough!)

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I think some properties just lend themselves better to the 3 3/4 inch Kenner style. BSG is one of them. I was always disappointed Mattel never made characters like Apollo and Sheba in the original 3 3/4 inch BSG line. Must have vehicles like the Raiders and Vipers are also cost and size prohibitive in larger scales.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                Career Member
                • Jul 30, 2012

I'll throw down my vote.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Right this Toy Wrong immediately!

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

I'd have to agree. Make some 3 3/4" and add vehicles to the mix and I'll be buying them.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                      • Feb 19, 2010

Thanks guys for the votes so far. I hope we can get a lot more. I really feel this property handled by Craig and Zica given time and resources the line could be as great as the original kenner Star Wars. I came up with close to one hundred figures on my list. Zica could be the next Mattel only done right.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                        • Feb 19, 2010

Yes vehicles would be great. But It would take the figures taking off to ensure Craig being able to do vehicles. Following the blueprint of what he is doing with the Six Million Dollar Man license would be essential. I wonder if they could do a prototype just to show what they could do and convince Jason and Universal how profitable this format would be?

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

Zica could do so much better than Mattel did with this line based on the quality of their other lines. Better character selection, removable helmets and in scale vehicles would blow away the original line. (maybe a play-set if the figures sold well enough).

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
                            Yes vehicles would be great. But It would take the figures taking off to ensure Craig being able to do vehicles. Following the blueprint of what he is doing with the Six Million Dollar Man license would be essential. I wonder if they could do a prototype just to show what they could do and convince Jason and Universal how profitable this format would be?
                            I don't know if that's the case... The Captain Action line is getting a Silver Streak right away from what I've been told.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                              • Feb 19, 2010

Yeah I know, but I think Craigs resources are different on this due to the partnership he has with that license. That's why we need to convince Bif Bang Pow to partner up. Also the viper would have to be larger than the Silver Streak.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎