X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by D!n0-M@n
    Huh, looks like more like the original card art to me than anything custom done. So, I guess they got the idea from the originals.
    Yeah and I think that is part of the appeal. I wish they just copied the design like Mattel did (for the most part) for their SP tribute and put the figure on the right side with the larger Super Powers logo, but that would have meant a new clamshell design as well, so I understand why they didn't stay completely true to the original design. I do like how they put an almost mirror image of Batman on their card, to reflect the fact the figure is on the other side of the card (*IF* they did that on purpose!).

Comment

• VinMan
      Career Member Mego Maniac
      • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      Well the Fist Fighter action is new but the Super Power Mego card idea is not. "Gee, I wonder where they got that idea from?", he said sarcastically....

Thanks Bro. You are the man. You are the packaging king and 15 others together could not touch you....
      Last edited by VinMan; Apr 23, '14, 8:16 PM.

Comment

• VinMan
        Career Member Mego Maniac
        • Sep 6, 2012

I am severely stoked about this though... Gonna get 'em all!

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

Read the card back text for a special surprise.........

What does this mean?

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I have to restate my excitement for these now that I'm looking at the pic on my laptop. The crisp and vibrant colors on these are very much true to the SP line and a great nod to a great toy. That picture of Supes vs. Shazam makes me laugh, kinda looks like some kung fu going on. Imagine how ridiculous this line will be when they introduce brand new characters. A fist fighting Bizarro? Many possibilities and much money will be spent. I've held out long enough on the FTC stuff.

As far as the packaging goes vs. Anthony's custom work, both are terrific and both take quite a bit or artistic talent and vision. Let's not discount either at this point and I don't think there was any "outrage", just an observation with a winky attached. The custom hobby is a small niche group that needs to stick together and make it/maintain the fun.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Vinny0026
              Year Five!!
              • Jan 26, 2012

First off - Toyroom is the master of card making and boxes. God knows I order the most boxes/boards from him.
              So as always I thank TR for his custom work - and again say he is the master.

As for Figures inc/ CTV
              This news is awesome - fist fighters? awesome!! I wonder if they will sell just the bodies? for the store as well.

This is pretty exciting news - not only did they bring back DC megos - now the fist fighters.
              You have to give them credit here - they are changing things up, and keeping everything fresh.

I rather see these figures on these type of cards than the normal mego style cards they used for waves 1,2 and 3.

It seems they are paying attention to everything in the original Mego world and also the mego custom world - and combining them to make some really great and new products.

So it is great to see these products. I will grab some of these for sure.
              I hope figures like aquaman will be released in normal style as well.

it is a great time to be a mego fan - as it seems everything is coming back to life all at once.
              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Well the Fist Fighter action is new but the Super Power Mego card idea is not. "Gee, I wonder where they got that idea from?", he said sarcastically....

It's entirely possible they came up with it on their own...I always thought Mego figures would look fantastic on Super Powers cards and had absolutely no idea your custom versions even existed. Just because you have an idea doesn't make it yours exclusively.
                There's also no questioning the quality of your work Anthony, but seriously, some of the comments you've directed at FTS seem bitter and jealous, and it's never cool to discount another persons work as inferior to your own. If you feel your design work is superior, why aren't you in the packaging design business? I say this as a serious consideration.
                You are extremely talented, and perhaps your energies would be better directed submitting a portfolio of your design work to various toy companies. Who knows? Maybe you could turn your hobby into a full time career.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Did we ever get a price point on these?

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Wow! Fist Fighters! YES! I have Batman, Robin (who's worn out and broken), Joker (w/ a Cesar Romero head), and Riddler, but I can't l play w/ them b/c I'm afraid they'd get broken like Robin. But these I can play with! Awesomeness!
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      Did we ever get a price point on these?
                      Wholesale or Retail?

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                        Defender of the Megoverse
                        • Dec 30, 2008

WOW! I always wondered what a MEGO figure would look like in Super Powers packaging. These are going to be huge!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Vinny0026
                          Year Five!!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by megomania
                          Wholesale or Retail?
                          both please
                          "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

Can't they just hire you instead of "borrowing" from you?
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

I think they got the idea from the same place you did, from a super powers card. I think FTC is going to experiment with various different versions of cards and packaging, it makes perfect sense. Some people will buy Batman and Robin multiple times just to own the various packaging incarnations. Some peope who were on the fence about the figures before will buy them now because this packaging interests them more, or they like the fist fighter stuff. I wouldn't be suprised if they release some in the old mego style window box as well. They will probably release batman and robin with different heads, heck they already did with the removable mask versions. They are doing two different height versions of Robin. I am sure they are going to trample all over things that customizers have done, or the ideas of the re-package your Mego guys, because the ideas are ideas that are natural to have with a line of super hero figures. They can't limit themselves to doing only things nobody else has done, especially considering the point of this line is to recreate a line someone else originally did.

I'm not a big fist fighter fan, I am wondering if we will at the same time see a line of the Superman, Shazam, Green Arrow, Aquaman figures on the normal bodies at the same time these go on sale. If the head and costume is exactly the same, and the price is the same I suppose I could switch out the body...
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Chris
                                Can't they just hire you instead of "borrowing" from you?
                                I wonder if its in the style guide as a suggested card design? Mattel is doing it too.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎