Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Possibility of Lord of the Rings Figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

Any Possibility of Lord of the Rings Figures?

It seems to me that a great many cool-looking Mego-type figures could be made with the license, though I'm assuming the license is locked up already by other companies? Still, Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Elves, Orcs (and dwarves and hobbits on teen titans bodies, maybe?) would be a fun addition to any Mego shelf.
  • bgiles73
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 14, 2010

I love The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. If they did them I would hope they would be done on new band less bodies. I would also prefer that new bodies be developed for characters of smaller stature as well.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

A company already has the license, but never say never.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

They may have the license, but what are the figures like?
        JediJaida

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

Lord of the rings and the good Professor Tolkien have seen me through some hard times with his writings. There is no author I like better. I would love to see Megos of the characters but I think I would prefer something besides the movie versions. We've seen so much memorabilia from the films I think a "book version" would be refreshing.

Comment

• melkorjunior
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 20, 2014

A book version would also be cool because it would free the sculptors from having to worry about capturing specific likenesses, and instead they could just let their imaginations give us something great. (Although I think Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir and Gandalf could potentially be kitbashed with existing Mego and Mego-style heads and outfits now. I'm tempted to try to pull an Aragorn together.)

Comment

• bgiles73
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 14, 2010

That Toyvault line of Lord of the Rings figures was cool. They were inspired by the books. I'm just so happy with Ian McKellen's take on Gandalf that I think I would have a difficult time envisioning anyone else as Gandalf now. The same goes for a good bit of the other actors. For The Hobbit on the other hand, while I do enjoy this representation, it isn't what I had imagined in reading the JRR Tolkien Classic. It's not bad just different! I still love it though, and it in no way detracts from me being able to imagine the book differently than the movie. I can not say the same for Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson did to good a job of interpreting that to visual form for me to ever get that vision out of my head. That is exactly how I imagined it all! I kind of strayed off topic, but yes, Middle Earth inspired Megos would be fun!
              Last edited by bgiles73; Apr 24, '14, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎