X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Original Mego Star Trek commercials

Okay, I'm curious...has anyone managed to preserve the original Mego Star Trek commercials in any kind of decent quality?

I've got copies of all of the original ones I know of, taken from YouTube, but the quality is pretty abysmal. There's got to be better out there. I've seen that a lot of the original Kenner Star Wars commercials have been transferred by fans from the original 16mm film elements and they wind up looking pretty good. What about the Mego stuff?

Any leads on this? Post here, or PM if necessary.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Most here have tapes or DVD's of Mego commercials that are in somewhat better shape than what you see on the web. Just in terms of them not being as compressed.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 22, 2012

it is a good question though. I wonder if any of those old reels still exist? Might be an interesting restoration project if the original films are still in existence.
      Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Okay, well...if anyone can hook me up with a decent quality complete collection of Mego Star Trek commercials, I'll hook them up with a decent quality complete collection of Kenner Star Wars commercials on DVD.

Any takers? Please PM me.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

I'll send you my Children's 70's/80's commercials which have all the Star Trek Mego commercials I have (excluding the motion picture stuff) and the quality is not terrific but better than the web.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Hey, that sounds like a good start...thanks!

--SKot

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

Sounds good, I will throw on the Kenner Bionic toy commercials I have too. Ironically, that compilation I made does have many Star Wars Kenner ads but in really bad shape.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• SKotK
                Career Member
                • Mar 11, 2014

Just bumping this thread because my trade offer is still open, and I'm still looking for the Mego Star Trek commercials.

My collection of Kenner Star Wars commercials is not just decent quality: most of them are in excellent quality, having been scanned from the original 8 or 16mm films. I'm really hoping someone has been able to do the same for Mego Star Trek commercials (and other Mego commercials as well).

--SKot

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I've scanned and restored a couple of them including Star Trek, no figure ones though, only ever found role play reels.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SKotK
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I've scanned and restored a couple of them including Star Trek, no figure ones though, only ever found role play reels.
                    Those are the ones up on YouTube currently, Command Communications Console & Super Phaser II Target Game in 480p? The quality is definitely nice on those. Sure wish at least one with the figures would show up, though!

--SKot

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎