X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

False Face

Has anyone out there ever made a False Face figure from the 1966 Batman TV series. I have some clear plastic material that would work good for his mask. Wanting to hear any tips or would love to see some pics if this figure has been done before. THANKS
  • Megotu
    jerk
    • Dec 16, 2001

I have thought about this character. I was planning to do the mask using an old trick I learned from car modellers. Super thin film of Vaseline on the face. Let it dry out. Paint clear nail polish mask on top of the face. Do this about 5 coats. Squeeze the head and the mask should pop right off.
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I will just wait for the FTC figure.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
        Mighty Man/Monster Maker
        • Aug 14, 2007

Interesting. I don't think I know what this dude looks like. I'm curious to see how it all works out.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
        https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Relic
          Banned
          • Jun 24, 2012

falseface_1.jpg Here is a picture of False Face from the Batman TV series in 1966.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
            • Aug 14, 2007

Dude, he's creepy-looking. I don't remember him at all.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^What!? One of the best episodes of the series, featuring the great Malachi Throne. He is creepy though, you're right.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

check out this artist's work (found under a general image search; handle is ironman 1188 ):

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

A forum community dedicated to One-Sixth scale action figure owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, kitbashs, customizations, displays, models, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

This might work for you.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

That's a great episode. And I got the '66 Batman comic of FF just when Me-TV was airing that episode! Bonus!

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    ^What!? One of the best episodes of the series, featuring the great Malachi Throne. He is creepy though, you're right.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Relic
                      Banned
                      • Jun 24, 2012

cyborg.jpg I was in the planning process of making a custom cyborg figure and had a great idea. I am gonna use the Darth Maul face from a Pez dispenser as the mold for a False Face mask. The face popped off a Pez dispenser just like a mask. When I am done with the mold I am cutting the mask in half as well as the space helmet and glueing them together. A little silver paint and Cyborg will also be brought to life. I am psyched to try this out and will update with pics as this moves along.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

what Cyborg wears a helmet?
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Relic
                          Banned
                          • Jun 24, 2012

Its only gonna be half the helmet and half the mask attaached together. It will make more sense when it it done and I send some pictures. Cyborg is half machine and half human.

Comment

• Relic
                            Banned
                            • Jun 24, 2012

cyborg2.jpgcyborg.jpg This is the character I am gonna make. I am gonna cut the helmet in half and the mask in half and make it look like the first picture after painting etc.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

seems like it be a bit too bulbous with that helmet.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎