Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I can see doing this with a few characters, but to be truthful there are only so many characters people will spend $80 on.

I do think its a nice deal. You get a classic costume, a secret identity and another version of the costume. It my collecting I could care less about the S.I. Even when I was kid playing with these I never got the S.I. because I only played with Batman or Spider-Man. I would have been happy just buying the super-hero at around $25-30.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by DSTZach
      Each set will be $80, but we plan to do more than four sets. Those were just examples of popular characters. The price is what we had to charge to pack in all that stuff; I think it's fair considering what you'd pay for a single, relatively fragile body with one threadbare suit and (often) no accessories. Not sure we'll offer blank bodies, but I'm sure someone around here does.
      Thor please ....can't wait for Captain America and Iron Man

I'm in!

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I really like the updated versions PLUS exact replica's. Captain America and Iron Man are begging for this.

I'd prefer them to be sold separately so you're not forced to buy three if you only want one.

I am so happy for our friend Paul. He deserves this line and we'll be happy to buy it from him.

I hope to see LOTS of Spidey villans never made like Sandman, Mysterio, Scorpion, etc.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ubermanx
          Career Member
          • Jul 3, 2013

I'm in.

Definitely will pop the extra heads and outfits on spare bodies for display.

- Marty

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

I will buy as many of these as I can, but I sure hope the entire line of figures isn't $80 a pop. I can't follow that price for long, I hope there are some reissues of just the classic figure alone.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 11, 2009

Each set will be $80, but we plan to do more than four sets. Those were just examples of popular characters. The price is what we had to charge to pack in all that stuff; I think it's fair considering what you'd pay for a single, relatively fragile body with one threadbare suit and (often) no accessories. Not sure we'll offer blank bodies, but I'm sure someone around here does.
              I agree. $80 for a repro figure and all that stuff seems to be a mostly fair price. Unfortunately, I only want the repro figure without all that stuff. Just give me Marvel Megos in window boxes (without all the accessories) for $25 each and I'd be pleased as punch! But 80 bucks a pop? I really hate to say it, but this news is deflating all the excitement I had about this impending announcement.

It's simple economics for me and my limited budget for collecting, which is already spread thin with all the reMego options that are out there and upcoming. 80 bucks for one figure and some accessories still sounds less appealing than 100 bucks for 4 DC Comics figures from FTC. Also consider that this perspective is coming from a hard core Marvel fan. I have no doubt that these figures will be of superior quality as compared to FTC, but YIKES!, that price point is super scary!!!

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but that's just the way I see it.

Originally posted by monitor_ep
              I would have been happy just buying the super-hero at around $25-30.
              ^This! Multiplied by 1000!!!

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

Initially I gasped a little with the sticker price BUT when doing the math I believe it's a fair price. I know I need 2 (one for me and the other for my Jr. Mego head in training, Kaitlynn.)

One thing that I feel very confident in with this line is that quality will not be an issue right out of the box. Body options are plentiful as well so I don't see that being any kind of issue. And most importantly I am more than thrilled to see that Dr. Mego is back in the Mego game where he belongs.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

I like it. This will be fun. I am really liking that Peter.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I was never that much into Spider-Man, but DANG, I really WANT one of these!

I wonder what female characters are going to be made. With Doc's new female body coming out, hopefully with this line, they would be nice to see.

I'm hoping for:

Spider-Woman.

Invisible Woman.

Storm.

Rogue.

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat.

Shanna the She Devil.

and a WHOLE lot of others!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• DSTZach
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Mar 1, 2012

Every Marvel offering will be in this format, it was the only way we could do it. We wanted to celebrate the originals but also bring them into the present day, and this is what we and EMCE came up with. There were also some licensing restrictions to consider.

Hopefully they find an audience, obviously they're very well done. Kudos to Doc. I understand the appeal of getting them in new packaging, but if all you want is one vintage-style figure, the originals are out there, as people have pointed out.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

the hard part now is the wait....I really hope they show Cap and Iron Man proto's at SDCC

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Every Marvel offering will be in this format, it was the only way we could do it. We wanted to celebrate the originals but also bring them into the present day, and this is what we and EMCE came up with. There were also some licensing restrictions to consider.

Hopefully they find an audience, obviously they're very well done. Kudos to Doc. I understand the appeal of getting them in new packaging, but if all you want is one vintage-style figure, the originals are out there, as people have pointed out.
                          Me personally,I like this set-up....you get the option to go 70's retro or put on the classic modern version that has more detail or even sport the alter-ego

I mean,you're still getting the replicated original but with lots of extra stuff

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I like the approach of being true to the original but also fixing the problems of the past. Its the best of both worlds and I'm willing to pay a little more to get them.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

DSTZach, is there a possibility of mego-like figures based on the film versions of the characters?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                                Radioactive!
                                • Feb 13, 2010

I'm so excited about this!

Please, PLEASE bring on the classic AND updated Lizard with Doc Conners alter ego!

Oh, and PLEASE make Wolverine's original "whisker" mask one of the options for him!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎