Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • menudoboy
    • Apr 19, 2014

The '70s Our Gang/Little Rascals line all with split legs

I noticed on all the Mego 6" figures of the 1970s Our Gang line (Alfalfa, Spanky, Mickey (Robert Blake), etc all have legs that split at the knee, mostly on their left knee.

I thought buying an Our Gang replacement figure would work but low and behold it came in with a split knee as well and it was still sealed in the package never removed.

The problem of replacing Mego's Our Gang series leg with another Mego series figure's leg (Starsky & Hutch, etc) isn't an option because nearly the whole entire Mego line are 8 inch figures except for kid characters, such as the Our Gang/Little Rascals characters, which are 6" inches and they all seem to suffer from the same leg problem.

So is it possible to find legs for these 6" figures that are not split or should I just super glue the split area and just keep it covered with their pants?

Last edited by menudoboy; Apr 20, '14, 3:46 AM.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It is a challenge to find these unbroken. Dr. Mego & CTVT have repro Caucasian child bodies.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• menudoboy
      • Apr 19, 2014

I found the bodies page to CTVT last night and ordered two 5" inch bodies, which I assume are 6" inches with the head attached. I didn't know of Dr Mego's page until now and see a lot of things I'd like but most pics featured there are so small the items can be barely seen.

Thanks for that info since I didn't know of his page until now.

I wanted to ask what caused these breakages in the lower leg? The material seems to be made of the same material thoughout the whole body yet no other limbs or parts seem to crack but the lower legs even when they've never been opened before so being handled doesn't seem to be the issue.

Last edited by menudoboy; Apr 20, '14, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎