X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

PodStallions 16: Buck or Starbuck?

Episode 16 finds us going "Full On Glen A Larson" with a delving into his seminal science fiction works. Even though we touched upon both of these shows in episode 7, neither Jason nor Brian felt we did either justice.

Episode 16 goes deeper into both Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers and sees our hosts divided on which is their favourite, Jason uses cubits as currency whereas Brian wears a lot of white spandex (it's not pretty).

As always we get into merchandising, particularly toys, discuss Canadian television, Major Matt Mason, colouring books, 1966 Batman, Marvel comics, Mego's Micronauts and Kenny Everett along the way. We have focus issues.

Download the Show Here

Listen here

Show Links:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • nvmbrsdoom5
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 1, 2005

Another great episode, a lot of good laughs in this one!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I really enjoyed it, though my memories of both shows are very vague, and I only had one Buck vehicle. You guys could talk about furniture and I'd listen.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

Finally got to listen to this. Yet again, this was a nice nostalgic voyage. I remember both shows well but only really watched Buck Rogers. I had some friends with the merchandise and primarily I remember wondering then why there was no Hawk.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Enjoyed listening to the podcast. I remember in John Bonavita's book he listed 6-7 inch Buck Rogers figures I imagine they were more like Takara Star Wars than anything mego. Does anyone have any pics of those?

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Oooo, I gotta listen to this on the weekend.

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
            I remember in John Bonavita's book he listed 6-7 inch Buck Rogers figures I imagine they were more like Takara Star Wars than anything mego. Does anyone have any pics of those?
            Those figures have always mystified me ever since I first read Bonavita's book 20 years ago. I've never seen any further pics or details of them anywhere. Anyone???

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎