Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I never got into D&D. I guess the sci-fi elements of MOTU appealed to my super hero fandom. I wasn't a huge fan of fantasy stuff outside of MOTU. I had a friend who had some of the D&D figures, and mixed them in with Castle Zeno and other "generic" fantasy toys, and they were a lot of fun. I did like the D&D cartoon at the time though.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• LadyZod
      Superman's Gal Pal
      • Jan 27, 2007

I lived and loved the 80's. The toys and their connection to cartoons were heaven sent.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
      Check out my art:
      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by LadyZod
        I lived and loved the 80's. The toys and their connection to cartoons were heaven sent.
        Totally. It was nice to see the 80s toys take the spotlight.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

We've got a lot of great feedback on this one, so we'll be going back to the 80s toybox at some point. And of course, we'll have to talk Mego at some point!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            so we'll be going back to the 80s toybox at some point.
            That would be cool. There's still a lot of 80s toy goodness left. You could discuss some of the more obscure 80s toys like Inhumanoids.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, it'd be fun to do an "obscure" 80s toys episode, with things like InHumanoids, Visionairies, etc. I don't have a lot of personal experience with those, but it'd still be fun to touch on.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

My wife and I really enjoy listening to podcasts together, and she's recently started to get into my collector themed favorites like Pod Stallions, etc., so this is a great podcast that we can both equally enjoy and chat about. Thumbs up!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Hey thanks! That's very cool that you two listen together. It's fun to share geeky pursuits...obviously!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎