Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re: 19 70s children book Sci fi, done in a mego style, figures sets?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BARON VON GUNN
    • Jun 15, 2011

re: 19 70s children book Sci fi, done in a mego style, figures sets?

This was just a question to anyone out there who might remember what the title was to an illustrated children's book in the 1970s.
    It was a hard back picture book about children as astronauts traveling to the moon and back with their dog. I remember the pictures being done in a style that utilized miniatures like Megos combined with a Garry Anderson element, think thunderbird more or less. Had an idea based upon what I could remember of it. Have struggled for years to remember the title or even track down a copy. Thought I would ask the community if anyone remembered or even knew what I was talking about. Thanks to any answers.
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

A Rocket Trip to the Moon
    Geraldine Russell, pictures by Shiba Productions
    Golden Press, 1970

A Rocket Trip to the Moon Geraldine Russell, pictures by Shiba Productions Golden Press, 1970 We've talked about Shiba Golden Books before...

Comment

• BARON VON GUNN
      • Jun 15, 2011

Oh my god Global....Thank you so much!!!!...we had some ideas for doing some customs for these....but without source material we were at a stand still. I knew some one in the community had to know! I can't believe it!....Thank you sincerely!!!!!!!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

Glad I could help. If you do make these customs, I'd love to see them. It's a book that I remember fondly.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

they look like Mat Mason bodies

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

This book looks insane. I've got to get a copy. Let me know when you get one so I'm not bidding against you. I've got a couple heads that are close/similar.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎