• Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Trailer 3

Finally! Sentinels!
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

This is looking good...but I sure hope we haven't seen the whole film chopped up in small doses!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Hope Singer's current "issues" don't derail this movie, or turn out to be true.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

^^^ Yeah, that was extremely shocking to see on the news this morning.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Whether the accusations are true or not, it puts the franchise in some jeopardy. I'll probably see the film, but those accusations will be in the back of my mind. Others, however, might draw a more direct line between Singer's private life and supporting his work.

Certainly, Fox will continue on with the X franchise as long as it is a money maker, but it seems Singer was the driving force behind future plans. It will be interesting to see if Fox backs him, drops him or takes a wait and see approach as the ramp up to the opening continues. Evidently, Singer has canceled his appearance at Wonder Con this weekend, which was smart.

This underlines my belief that the less known about the personal lives of entertainers the better. Not to say I would want crimes, especially something like rape, swept under the rug, but the fascination with the private lives of entertainers or celebrities is something that escapes me.

I do enjoy interviews or feature stories that concern the work of some entertainers or artists, but all the paparazzi stuff is just boring.
          Last edited by madmarva; Apr 18, '14, 8:56 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

If it is true I won't support his work at all.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Thing is, we will never know the truth. But the idea of it is enough to make me say I'll wait for a rental.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Ok, then if he's convicted or admits to it. Then I am not going to support any more of his films.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

It's hard to get past stuff like this, if proven true in a court of law, or strongly believed to be true. I have a hard time NOT thinking about Jeffery Jones' nasty activities while watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Beetlejuice now.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I'll still see the movie, but not because of Singer one way or the other. The charges are disgusting, but I can't see throwing the entire production under the bus. If it's proven true he'll get what he deserves, and he won't be doing any films. Whatever he did, it's not the cast and crew's fault. I'd never see anything produced in the context of him working as a known rapist.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^That's what keeps me watching movies with people I have ethical problems with: the other people whose livelyhood depend on the movie doing well. It's sometimes hard to get into the film with that hanging over it's head, but not everyone involved in the film is guilty of the alleged crime.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

I'll wait until we see some actual proof. The case should be investigated first, so give the legal system the time it needs to sort it all out.

As for seeing his movies. Movies are the work of hundreds of people, good people, who have done nothing wrong. Let's support them.
                        And if we were to say "I won't see the movie because of Person X's involvement", well, I guess every movie production must have one or more sociopaths in cast or crew. I think I'd see very few movies if I wanted to check every player's moral compass first.
                        Heck, we wouldn't be able to watch Naked Gun because OJ's in it.
                        I know, a director has a special place in a production, so that makes more of an impact, but let's wait and see before the man gets a stain on him that never washes off, even when he's found innocent.
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Agreed, agreed and agreed.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            I'll wait until we see some actual proof. The case should be investigated first, so give the legal system the time it needs to sort it all out.

As for seeing his movies. Movies are the work of hundreds of people, good people, who have done nothing wrong. Let's support them.
                            And if we were to say "I won't see the movie because of Person X's involvement", well, I guess every movie production must have one or more sociopaths in cast or crew. I think I'd see very few movies if I wanted to check every player's moral compass first.
                            I know, a director has a special place in a production, so that makes more of an impact, but let's wait and see before the man gets a stain on him that never washes off, even when he's found innocent.

Bingo, you said it a lot better than me.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain

Spot on! I can't pass judgement until the the real facts are known. There are plenty of Hollywood nuts who do tons of things i would object to if they were known.
                              publicly.....I'll wait and see...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎