Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Strange that Scarecrow is not pictured on the back of the 2-Pack cards with the lineup of other characters.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      When's Green Arrow suppose to be coming out?
      They've never gave a firmer date than later this year. IMO if we get it before the end of Summer I'll be very surprised. GA is probably the figure I am most looking forward to.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Vinny0026
        Ras looks great
        when you guys say series or wave 4 you mean batman wave 4 right?

Pretty sure these will not be the next set after titans, or the set after that. But I guess we will see
        Yeah I'd wager these are about 6 months out. Seems like we're about a week or 2 away from Batman 66, then likely Titans around Memorial Day, then......? Maybe the first Superman wave? Beginning to look like the first wave after the Titans might not hit till July or August. Batman Wave 4 could easily be a Christmas purchase.

EDIT: Forget Batman Wave 3 likely after the Titans. It's entirely possible that we don't get Batman Wave 3 till July.
        Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Apr 17, '14, 7:10 PM.

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

maybe it's just the angle, but the Ras sculpt looks like it was pulled from the mold too early. It looks slightly misshapen to me.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by boss
            maybe it's just the angle, but the Ras sculpt looks like it was pulled from the mold too early. It looks slightly misshapen to me.
            Glad somebody else mentioned it, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me. It looks really promising, so hoping it is just something minor like that.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Scarecrow

70s:

60s:

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I've got no problem with the way Ra's looks. Don't know how else you would give him a "Mego" type of look. Even the animated version is pretty close to how that head sculpt is.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 16, 2014

I was sure I was only going to collect Batman 66 figures, but as good as these sculpts are I might work in some of these bad guys that didn't make it on the show or weren't even around yet, I could mod some to fit how they look in the new comic, if you haven't checked out the Batman 66 book yet do it it's REAL good!
                  sigpic

Comment

• TomStrong
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2011

These look great and everybody knows it! He he. I'll be picking up both of these.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
                      Glad somebody else mentioned it, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me. It looks really promising, so hoping it is just something minor like that.
                      Likely just an uneven neck plug causing it to lean just enough to the left to notice. The head sculpt itself looks wonderful.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by comicmike

70s:

Always loved the cover to Batman 296. Hope that's what Scarecrow's costume looks like.
                        Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Apr 17, '14, 5:31 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I have some moderate misgivings about the Scarecrow, both in deco and design--not the style per se, but the level of detail. That said, I'm relieved it's not a Hanna-Barbara version.

I do think, though, that both these heads will likely top nice figures.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Can't wait to see Ra's costume!
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

I really love these two headsculpts. I didn't realize how different we all define Megos. Good to be part of such a strong community with heart. The comic covers reminded me that I NEED a reMEGO Chronos!! He is the perfect character for figure.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 4, 2011

I think they look great. And when you look at the original Mego line-up there was a definite progression in detail/realism in the sculpts. Just put a Supergirl head up against an Invisible Girl or a Batman up against Thor and you will see the difference. I think if the Mego line would have continued, we would have seen more and more realistic sculpts and more and more detail in the costuming. My bigger concern is the fact that FTC seems intent on sucking every last dollar out of my wallet with these great figures!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎