X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

My BBP Cylon can now move.

Okay, my Cylon took a header off my computer table last night. Most of the armor cracked apart in the fall. So, I figured now is as good as time as any to try to customize him since he is as poseable as a brick. Long story short, I switched out the body and trimmed the plastic diaper down.

BBP Cylon with swivel bicep body in classic double handed rifle pose.

I learned a few things doing this.

1. Super glue does not adhere well to chrome. Unless it's sticking my fingers to it.
    2. This was WAY more stressful than I anticipated.
    3. I'm probably not going to be doing another one of these. Ever.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 16, '14, 10:03 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Came out great!

Also... Cylon + Purple Pie Man? Now there is a bad guy team up I never thought I'd see!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
      Came out great!
      Thank you.

The swivel arm idea came from GUYx1 and his terrific Cylon custom. The custom belt he did for his Cylon looked great. But wayyy beyond my skill level to attempt
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Megospidey
        Museum Webslinger
        • Jul 26, 2006

I think he looks good too. Nice improvements.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
          I'm the Star Spangled Man
          • May 21, 2011

Sweet! Great improvements!
          sigpic
          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Great job!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Thank you everyone.

It was much more challenging (and stressful) than I ever expected it to be. The armor is glued on. Major hassle. All the backpack pieces snapped off in the fall. But I still had to crack the armor down the seams to get the rest of it off. I used a tiny eye glass screw driver and little mallet I had for adding embellishments for scrap booking. Getting the tights off was a nightmare. Totally glued to the arms under the gauntlets. I had to soak the area in nail polish remover to get it off. Not easy!! But I was able to save the tights. Yay!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

So the best way to get this figure in working order is:
                Throw it down some stairs.
                Take a hammer to it.
                Rip off the tights. Soak it in solvents.
                Put a whole new body on it.

And here i thought getting it out of the clamshell was the hard part....
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Do you have more pics? I'd like to see just the parts you modified in their new form.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

The only thing that was modified was trimming the plastic chest armor down below the belt area. There was this, I guess, you could call ribbed cod piece sculpted in. Besides totally blocking the hip articulation it was inaccurate. After trimming it off the figure still can't actually sit. But the legs can be posed enough to give it a better stance.

I did notice after I was done, and the glue was dried, I got the left and right gauntlets reversed. Apparently the pic I found in the quicky google search I did was reversed. Bummer. But I am not going to try to fix it. I was such a major hassle just getting it glued back together and I don't think the plastic could take being cracked apart again.

Edit

I forgot to mention the trick to get the elbows to move is to slide the gauntlets further down to the wrist when reassembling. They are factory glued on much too high and it blocks the elbow joint.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 19, '14, 1:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎