Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

OMG!!!!! HOW CAN YOU BOYWONDER!!!!! I'd go crazy knowing I have Batman and not able to open it till after the 25th!!!!! OPEN IT OPEN IT OPEN IT!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL HELP YOUUUUU!!!! LOL

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Here's my 2 cents…

This is one beautiful toy. Once you have it in hand, you can't help but admire it. The number of hands are almost overwhelming. The skin tone seems quite tan, but I felt the same way about my Hot Toys Reeve Superman. I guess they inherited the old "Mego Tan" :lol:

However…

It's the most beautiful toy you'll ever be afraid to play with. It's weird. We've reached the pinnacle of 1/6 scale figure engineering, yet I'm in constant fear I'm going to damage it. Before even taking it out of the box, I could see a snag or two in the tights through the window of the box. It's really a little off putting that we're at a point where we have to handle our toys with gloves. I've popped the head off it's peg a few times, and while forcing it back on, I'm scared I will damage something else. The snaps on the cape? Yeah, they're not built for durability. So what you end up with is a figure with an embarrassment of riches as far as hands and poseability, yet you just want to set it up and leave it the heck alone so you don't break it or damage the suit.

So yeah, that kinda takes the fun factor down a little bit.

I do love the cloth tailoring on a figure like this much more than the rubber and plastic on figures like the NECA. But I think I need something at a lower price point that is built to be monkeyed with a little more. Looking forward to the Mego style figures for just that reason.

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 14, 2012

I received mine a few days ago. Sideshow shipped it to Australia via FedEx Economy. "Economy" means they keep it at the local depot for three days (!!!). I rang them and they put it on the truck sooner.

He's nice. I'm not mad about the cut of the "briefs" - one leg seems to be cut differently to the other. One side is "brief" but the other side screams "pantaloon". I'm also not sure where the stand is supposed to go - it's too short to fit under the arms, so I've put it between his legs, but this gives him two small black penises.

But overall I'm a happy customer. Any hint of a Romero Joker in the pipeline?
        Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Captain Big Trousers
          but this gives him two small black penises.
          "Holy Double Penis, Batman!"
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

That is where the stand goes...or at least that's how I use it on my other Hot Toys figures.

My recent horror with my Captain America shield has me more nervous than usual. I do agree it's a bit ridiculous that these items are this fragile and delicate. And the "tan" is sometimes slightly off-putting. West was quite the beach-bum back in his hey-day though, so maybe it fits?

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, I do feel that some of the parts are quite fragile.
              I'm pretty careful with my figures, but my Chopper Predator "thigh guards" snapped off without any stress put upon them. I had to re-attach them with velcro.
              And my Colonial Marines look great, but stuff like the smartgun and shoulderlamp is super fragile.
              HTs need to be put together once, and then never touched again.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

They really should've never put the word "Toys" in their company name, because they really are not meant to be played with. Like, at all.

Comment

• Wise4671
                  Banned
                  • Aug 11, 2007

Got Him in today and It is EVERYTHING and more then I was expecting!!!!!! Very Well Done Hot Toys !!!!!!!!

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Glad to hear it! He is awesome, isn't he ? Have fun, and be very careful handling the costume - use vinyl gloves if you can, as the material snags pretty easily.

Comment

• Wise4671
                      Banned
                      • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by warlock664
                      Glad to hear it! He is awesome, isn't he ? Have fun, and be very careful handling the costume - use vinyl gloves if you can, as the material snags pretty easily.
                      Thanks for the heads up on the material. I handled him long enough to get him set up on his stand and put in my case :-) I cant wait for Robin.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Got mine today, and so far, no complaints. No snags either. I switched out his hands for fists, and put him in a classic running pose. Pics later.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I have to say... it is a BLAST to change the hands and face each morning. I just wish there was no worry with the suit is all.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^I started to change the face last night, but got nervous. I was on a good run with the suit, so I just left it alone for now. Any tips on how to remove it easily? I gently forced it and got no movement and was scared to try any harder. I did change the face on my Keaton figure, and it seemed to give easier.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Wise4671
                              Banned
                              • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              ^I started to change the face last night, but got nervous. I was on a good run with the suit, so I just left it alone for now. Any tips on how to remove it easily? I gently forced it and got no movement and was scared to try any harder. I did change the face on my Keaton figure, and it seemed to give easier.

Chris
                              Chris,
                              Take the head off first (Less handling of the body ) then push up under the chin until it starts to lift then get ahold of the side of the face and it will come off. I was pretty amazed at how well the magnets hold.

John

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                                Permanent Member
                                • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                                Now you got me scared because mine comes off easy...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎