X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

War Of The Gargantuans

I saw this movie for the first time last night. Anyone else ever see it? I rather enjoyed it, for what it was.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I saw it when I was ten and it left an indelible mark on my brain. "The Words Get Stuck in my Throat" was once covered by DEVO.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

a few years ago I saw the Japanese version and discovered it was a sequel to Frankenstein Conquered the World.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

I didn't know that about Devo. I learned about it being a sequel, i read on IMDB, I want to see it as well as the japanese version of War.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

I'm a huge fan of WOTG, love it in my top ten of greatest Giant monster movies.....so much so I did an homage to it......

So, a while back Mikey had Posted a thread called what monsters really scared you and I mentioned in that thread that Gaira from War of the Gargantuas was the one Giant monster that when i was a kid scared me to no end. just the way he looked sounded and the fact that he actually ate people.....:terror: I had posted that I had

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Scared the poop out of me when I was a kid.

The part when the Green one ate the girl is in my top 5 list of most disturbing moments in a movie for a kid (me, that is)

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Great movie. Made a big impression on me when I first saw it as a kid.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MEMEGO
                Career Member
                • Sep 6, 2007

same for me i loved this move, anyone one know where i can find it on line or dl?

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

This is the giant movie monster that scared me the most as a kid.
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MEMEGO
                    same for me i loved this move, anyone one know where i can find it on line or dl?
                    Its on Hulu and I believe it will be on Netflix in May again.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                      70's Era Pimp
                      • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                      I'm a huge fan of WOTG, love it in my top ten of greatest Giant monster movies.....so much so I did an homage to it......

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...gantuas-Homage

I just read that thread. Awesome pic!!

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

i saw this movie as a kid ,and it was scary ,the most chilling was when the fishing man looked down in the water
                        and saw the green gargantunan looking up at him ,and the part where the green one (bad guy)was chasing the
                        sailors in the water .i bought this on dvd ,a toho dvd that also had the movie rodan .

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                          70's Era Pimp
                          • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by tllgn
                          i saw this movie as a kid ,and it was scary ,the most chilling was when the fishing man looked down in the water
                          and saw the green gargantunan looking up at him ,and the part where the green one (bad guy)was chasing the
                          sailors in the water .i bought this on dvd ,a toho dvd that also had the movie rodan .
                          Yes! There was some very interesting shots in this movie. For its time it was done very well.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

That shot of the fisherman seeing the green Gargantua in the water is also one of the images that vividly stayed with me over the years, too. Great moment.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• mazinz
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by kingdom warrior

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...gantuas-Homage

and I just realized I never did find that WOR ad for you
                              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎