Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

need a little more info on this Linda character.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
      Clearly better.... In a rather cool development I was able to boost the optical clarity of the chest pieces! The engines will look way better now as you will be able to see them more clearly... Woot!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10563[/ATTACH]
      Very cool!
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by David Lee
        Clearly better.... In a rather cool development I was able to boost the optical clarity of the chest pieces! The engines will look way better now as you will be able to see them more clearly... Woot!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10563[/ATTACH]
        Wicked! I actually wet polished mine with 1000 grit sandpaper and then buffed with car polish and then a plastic polish and shine. I meant to take a picture of it over the weekend. I'll try and remember to post tonight.

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Wicked! I actually wet polished mine with 1000 grit sandpaper and then buffed with car polish and then a plastic polish and shine. I meant to take a picture of it over the weekend. I'll try and remember to post tonight.
          AWESOME! I'd love to see it... this is what I am talking about, folks taking it to the next level!

Dave

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Clear 2.0 Body.jpg
            I'm not very good with the camera but hopefully this gives an idea of the clarity. I did the inside and out. That is the Muton head I will be putting in at some point. I shrunk it down but I need to redo the neck to make it thicker. Thanks for the great product, Dave!

Comment

• David Lee
              The Fix-it-up Chappie
              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10574[/ATTACH]
              I'm not very good with the camera but hopefully this gives an idea of the clarity. I did the inside and out. That is the Muton head I will be putting in at some point. I shrunk it down but I need to redo the neck to make it thicker. Thanks for the great product, Dave!
              Very Cool, nice work indeed. I gotta say my method is way easier, though you sure got it clear. I will post all my recipes and instructions once I get these done. I really want people to be able to do it themselves with our bodies. If we go to China with this, we'll let them do all the hard work

Dave

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

I like the idea of them doing the work as well! It was kind of a test to see if it work, and I was happy with the result. I bought some spray acrylic clear gloss but I hadn't used it this time, but I had seen some of the 4 Horsemen' Outer Spacemen translucent figures sprayed with clear gloss and it made a huge difference in clarity so that might work as well.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎