Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Aciton Figures Wave 2 Images!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megonaught
    Career Member
    • Jan 29, 2008

Are there any photos of the kenner prototypes?

Originally posted by ZICA
    It was never my original intention to have the limbs on the figures be removable. The reason I didn't go with the traditional PVC/ABS combination with a sonic weld is because my factory didn't understand how to do it. Yes, you read that right, and I was totally shocked when they told me this. The current design was my only option since I had to use this particular factory because it was approved by NBC Universal. Thankfully that design worked out well and I was very happy with the final product.

As for not adding in bionic components and features, Kenner would not have done this so neither did I. Two Kenner wax sculpts of 3.75" Six Million Dollar Man action figures actually exist, one is Steve Austin in his orange NASA jumpsuit, and the other one is Bigfoot. Neither of them have any bionics or action features as part of their design.

If I was doing a modern line I would probably try and incorporate these type of features but since I was going for a vintage Kenner look I thought it was best to leave them out.

Craig
    Action Jackson is his name.
    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 11, 2013

Originally posted by megonaught
      Are there any photos of the kenner prototypes?

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

That's them. Thanks Jeff!

Comment

• JFAWWE
          • Feb 4, 2008

Hey Craig really loving wave 2! I still would like a few more variants such as the seven million dollar man in his black track suit and Steve in his NASA jumpsuit. Would Universal let you make any of your own bionic or robotic villains? This could really add something special to the line (as we all see how much people loved Maskatron).

Will the Rudy variation have the same or different paint apps?

Also can we please please get Dr. Dolenz in Wave3?
          Last edited by JFAWWE; Apr 24, '14, 9:49 PM.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
            • Feb 19, 2010

Just have to share with you Craig. I'm a single dad and have a special needs daughter and she loves your figures! She wanted tonight to go to bed watching the Steve/Bigfoot episodes while holding the figures. Thanks again, another special memory made with my little girl. Your company is the best.

Comment

• megonaught
              Career Member
              • Jan 29, 2008

I would like a 7million dollar man in black track suit.
              Would be real easy.
              Just use the steve body.

Comment

• megonaught
                Career Member
                • Jan 29, 2008

No denying they are Kenner.
                We're these done during the star wars years?

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                  • Feb 19, 2010

Would be real easy.
                  Just use the steve body.
                  I'd buy it.

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

definitely the best 3.75 inch line in production!!

Comment

• megonaught
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 29, 2008

I dont know if you touched on it Craig but when can we expect series 2 to be released?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Maybe I missed it, but will the robot come with More than one face?
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• VulcansFury
                          Museum Patron
                          • Mar 6, 2014

Just curious, but if they are not a PVC/ABS with sonic weld construction, how are they constructed?

Comment

• megonaught
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Some of my retro boys and girls together.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ZICA
                              It was never my original intention to have the limbs on the figures be removable. The reason I didn't go with the traditional PVC/ABS combination with a sonic weld is because my factory didn't understand how to do it. Yes, you read that right, and I was totally shocked when they told me this. The current design was my only option since I had to use this particular factory because it was approved by NBC Universal. Thankfully that design worked out well and I was very happy with the final product.

As for not adding in bionic components and features, Kenner would not have done this so neither did I. Two Kenner wax sculpts of 3.75" Six Million Dollar Man action figures actually exist, one is Steve Austin in his orange NASA jumpsuit, and the other one is Bigfoot. Neither of them have any bionics or action features as part of their design.

If I was doing a modern line I would probably try and incorporate these type of features but since I was going for a vintage Kenner look I thought it was best to leave them out.

Craig
                              Interesting, I never realized Kenner had considered smaller figures and yours honestly look much better. Given that, it makes more sense why you chose not to try to incorporate bionics. Not saying I am still fully on board with the decision, but I can understand and appreciate you wanting to remain true to vintage.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JFAWWE
                                Hey Craig really loving wave 2! I still would like a few more variants such as the seven million dollar man in his black track suit and Steve in his NASA jumpsuit. Would Universal let you make any of your own bionic or robotic villains? This could really add something special to the line (as we all see how much people loved Maskatron).

Will the Rudy variation have the same or different paint apps?

Also can we please please get Dr. Dolenz in Wave3?
                                I actually have some ideas in mind for that but I'm not sure they would go for it. Never hurts to ask though if the opportunity presents itself.

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
                                Just have to share with you Craig. I'm a single dad and have a special needs daughter and she loves your figures! She wanted tonight to go to bed watching the Steve/Bigfoot episodes while holding the figures. Thanks again, another special memory made with my little girl. Your company is the best.
                                That's awesome, and thanks for sharing!

Would be real easy.
                                Just use the steve body.
                                The tracksuit is actually a little different but it would definitely be an easy variation. It's possible.

No denying they are Kenner.
                                We're these done during the star wars years?
                                It's been my understanding they were done toward the start of the Star Wars years. This is when they're license term with the Six Million Dollar Man would have been coming to an end.

Originally posted by starsky
                                definitely the best 3.75 inch line in production!!
                                Thanks!

I dont know if you touched on it Craig but when can we expect series 2 to be released?
                                I'm aiming for September/October.

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                                Maybe I missed it, but will the robot come with More than one face?
                                No, just one.

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                                Just curious, but if they are not a PVC/ABS with sonic weld construction, how are they constructed?
                                Same design as the Outer Space Men figures by the Four Horsemen. The legs, arms, hands, and head all have posts that snap into the body.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎