Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Aciton Figures Wave 2 Images!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

How about a mustache Steve packed in with the Death Probe.

And Mr. X looks great. Can't wait to see the robot face and see how the mask will work.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I really like the looks of these new figures.

SPACE:1999 was mentioned and I'd love to see a line of figures from the show. It could be a problem because Martin Landau and Barbara Bain were not allowing their likenesses to used for merchandising unless it was for the show itself meaning DVDs and Blu-Ray. This is why there were no Koenig or Russell figures from the CTVT line several years ago.
      Hopefully they've changed their minds now.

UFO would also be cool as would any of the Anderson Supermarionation shows.

Comment

• megonaught
        Career Member
        • Jan 29, 2008

Thats what i was thinking.

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        Wow, you nailed John Saxon's likeness. Another homerun guys!
        Action Jackson is his name.
        Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Since the limbs are removable on these are there plans for anything like mission packs with bionic limbs and extra accessories? Those were always really fun.
          There are no plans for anything like that now but that's not so say it won't happen.

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
          Mr. X looks fantastic! Really sharp work, Craig. Is this the same former-Kenner sculptor who did Steve and Bigfoot?

These cannot come out fast enough!

And, yes, I also would love, love, love you to take on classic Battlestar Galactica!
          No, I'm using a different sculptor on these. Fortunately he was already familiar with the style so it wasn't too difficult for him to match it.

Originally posted by VulcansFury
          Here's another vote for you to get the classic Battlestar Galactica license!

One thing I've noticed is that wave 1 Steve looks like a completely different style of headsculpt compared to the wave 2 headsculpts. Wave 1 looks more vintage Kenner, and wave 2 looks more modern. But I absolutely love wave 2 and wish every retro figure looked as good (coughFunkocough)
          That's probably because what you're seeing in the images is actually a digital render and not a physical piece. This is why some of the detailing looks really sharp. The detail on the actual figures will be softened a little due to the injection mold process, which will most likely give them a more vintage Kenner look.

Originally posted by megonaught
          Count me in for classic Battlestar if they are done like this.
          Would love to have Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer in their Warriors uniform.
          Theirs so much that could be done.
          How about a Buck Rogers tv line?
          I didn't have much luck with Buck Rogers, but that's not to say I wouldn't give it another try in this scale and format.

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
          Craig, will the wave three Steve in khaki have his famous belt buckle? Again I have to say I have not been this excited for action figures like this in a really long while. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Also can we petition Universal for you to acquire the Battlestar rights?
          Yes, the Steve Austin in khaki outfit will have his famous belt buckle. As for petitioning Universal to let me acquire the classic Battlestar Galactica license, I'm all for it!

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
            • Feb 19, 2010

Craig I think that it really speaks well that you take the time to respond to all the questions you get. I believe that we are going to see even greater things from you and ZICA in the years ahead. Do you know of a way to contact Universal and make sure our desire to see your company handle Battlestar happens? I do plan to contact them and make sure they know the quality of which you are handling The Six Million Dollar Man license. If they don't already know. Thanks again for bringing the fun back with these figures.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Another vote for classic BSG in this style. That would rule!
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Craig I think that it really speaks well that you take the time to respond to all the questions you get. I believe that we are going to see even greater things from you and ZICA in the years ahead. Do you know of a way to contact Universal and make sure our desire to see your company handle Battlestar happens? I do plan to contact them and make sure they know the quality of which you are handling The Six Million Dollar Man license. If they don't already know. Thanks again for bringing the fun back with these figures.
                I've always been a big fan of good communication, and in business it's imperative. I'm happy to answer as much as I can, as long as it doesn't get me in trouble.

As for the classic Battelstar Galactica license, if you want figures done in this scale and format the person you need to contact is Mr. Jason Labowitz of Big Bang Pow! He'll probably kill me for this but I've had more than one conversation with him on this topic and just can't seem to convince him it's a good idea. Maybe if you started a thread about it in the Bif Bang Pow forum section it might get his attention and possibly change his mind.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                  • Feb 19, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
                  I've always been a big fan of good communication, and in business it's imperative. I'm happy to answer as much as I can, as long as it doesn't get me in trouble.

As for the classic Battelstar Galactica license, if you want figures done in this scale and format the person you need to contact is Mr. Jason Labowitz of Big Bang Pow! He'll probably kill me for this but I've had more than one conversation with him on this topic and just can't seem to convince him it's a good idea. Maybe if you started a thread about it in the Bif Bang Pow forum section it might get his attention and possibly change his mind.
                  Okay Craig I started the petition on the EMCE/Bif Bang Pow board. Here's hoping!

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Okay Craig I started the petition on the EMCE/Bif Bang Pow board. Here's hoping!
                    Awesome! Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jun 11, 2013

I put in my two cents!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

This scale lends itself so well to pop-off limbs. It seems a real shame to me that this feature was not used to produce 'bionic' arms and legs.

Mr. X will have a removable mask. Why? Because Mr. X without a mask is just a regular guy.

As far as I'm concerned, Steve Austin without 'bionics' is just a guy in a jogging suit.

I bought a set of these figures because I love the character, but I'm really disappointed that no effort seems to have been put into creating a bionic man with actual bionics that we can see. That was such a selling point for the 70's line of figures.

It just seems like such a missed opportunity.

We're getting two Rudy figures. A bionic repair station would have been such a cool playset.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                          • Feb 19, 2010

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                          This scale lends itself so well to pop-off limbs. It seems a real shame to me that this feature was not used to produce 'bionic' arms and legs.

Mr. X will have a removable mask. Why? Because Mr. X without a mask is just a regular guy.

As far as I'm concerned, Steve Austin without 'bionics' is just a guy in a jogging suit.

I bought a set of these figures because I love the character, but I'm really disappointed that no effort seems to have been put into creating a bionic man with actual bionics that we can see. That was such a selling point for the 70's line of figures.

We're getting two Rudy figures. A bionic repair station would have been such a cool playset.
                          I'm happy with what we have. Give the man time. Craig, my best friend was over last night and I showed him my set from wave one and showed him the pics to wave two. He was really impressed. He is not a die hard action figure collector but he said he is considering ordering a set now as well. I gotta tell you I have given up other lines due to financial issues from the last four years of medical problems but I will stick with this line and anything else Zica does. The cost and store exclusives and hard to find variants and lack of customer appreciation were all factors to me stopping those other lines but Craig does it right not only with quality but respect for the customer as well.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

I think a bionic limb accessory set would be amazing. Include a bionic arm and leg for Steve, a bionic arm for Bigfoot, etc. You could even include a mustache Steve head. But that isn't a make or break it for me. These are my favorite figures in a looooong time.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

I agree, this is the main reason why I haven't bought these. Bigfoot soooo needs that chest plate.

Having said that, the cards and artwork is gorgeous, really the figures are too, but without the visible bionics it's just not 'complete' IMO.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                                I agree, this is the main reason why I haven't bought these. Bigfoot soooo needs that chest plate.

Having said that, the cards and artwork is gorgeous, really the figures are too, but without the visible bionics it's just not 'complete' IMO.
                                It was never my original intention to have the limbs on the figures be removable. The reason I didn't go with the traditional PVC/ABS combination with a sonic weld is because my factory didn't understand how to do it. Yes, you read that right, and I was totally shocked when they told me this. The current design was my only option since I had to use this particular factory because it was approved by NBC Universal. Thankfully that design worked out well and I was very happy with the final product.

As for not adding in bionic components and features, Kenner would not have done this so neither did I. Two Kenner wax sculpts of 3.75" Six Million Dollar Man action figures actually exist, one is Steve Austin in his orange NASA jumpsuit, and the other one is Bigfoot. Neither of them have any bionics or action features as part of their design.

If I was doing a modern line I would probably try and incorporate these type of features but since I was going for a vintage Kenner look I thought it was best to leave them out.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎