• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Real Life Hall of Justice

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

That is so awesome.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Drove past it yesterday!

I've told this story here before, but when I was in 2nd grade, my class went on a field trip to the Cincinnati Zoo. My mom went as a chaperone. Soon after we crossed the Ohio River, my Mom said to me " Look out the window, and in a minute you'll see something neat." And there it was....THE HALL OF JUSTICE!

And I blurted out "IT'S THE HALL OF JUSTICE!!!" all the kids ran to that side of the bus and gawked out the window. It's a wonder the bus didn't turn over.

It was 1982. With only 3 networks, EVERY kid knew what the Hall of Justice was!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Drove past it yesterday!

I've told this story here before, but when I was in 2nd grade, my class went on a field trip to the Cincinnati Zoo. My mom went as a chaperone. Soon after we crossed the Ohio River, my Mom said to me " Look out the window, and in a minute you'll see something neat." And there it was....THE HALL OF JUSTICE!

And I blurted out "IT'S THE HALL OF JUSTICE!!!" all the kids ran to that side of the bus and gawked out the window. It's a wonder the bus didn't turn over.

Chris
        Dude, that's an AWESOME story! That's the kind of life-changing stuff a kid never forgets. Good for you!

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

That's a wonderful memory, Chris. Yeah, back then any kid w/ a TV set knew what the SuperFriends and the Hall Of Justice were. It must have been cool to see the "real thing"!

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Drove past it yesterday!

Chris
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

We went to the museum a few years ago, and I threw in the DC 75 anniversary CD and played the Super Friends themes as we pulled up. Total geek out moment.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• stevenlore
              Museum Super Collector
              • Oct 4, 2009

That is so cool!

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

When I first read about the station basis a few years ago, I couldn't see how this was chosen considering the location and age, compared to the HB studio. I first thought "toys" but as Holcomb laid out the connection between Superfriends and WGSH, it ruled out Kenner.

So for anyone wondering how this happened.

Comment

• bobws
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 13, 2008

That building is the inspiration for the HOJ, i read an article about it somewhere.
                  "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎