• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by osker55
    What was the point of the game what you have to do to win
    You had to assemble your phone and phone home.

I'm assuming you understand how Pac Man works.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brazoo
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 14, 2009

My video game friends told me about how E.T. was considered a classic video game disaster in the industry - like the "Ishtar" of video games. I never hated E.T., and I think it kinda made sense as a game about the movie. What else could you do with the story? From my memory it was almost exactly the same game as "Adventure", which I also liked. Neither took much strategy though, from what I recall, either you found the pieces easily or else it was really really hard.

I never had an Atari, but when I went to my cousin's house I'd always want to play "Raiders of the Lost Ark" because it was my favorite movie. As I recall that game was similar too, and I remember it driving me absolutely crazy because it was much more complex, really boring, and I don't think I ever beat it.
      Last edited by Brazoo; Apr 17, '14, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Brazoo
        My video game friends told me about how E.T. was considered a classic video game disaster in the industry - like the "Ishtar" of video games. I never hated E.T., and I think it kinda made sense as a game about the movie. What else could you do with the story? From my memory it was almost exactly the same game as "Adventure", which I also liked. Neither took much strategy though, from what I recall, either you found the pieces easily or else it was really really hard.

I never had an Atari, but when I went to my cousin's house I'd always want to play "Raiders of the Lost Ark" because it was my favorite movie. As I recall that game was similar too, and I remember it driving me absolutely crazy because it was much more complex, really boring, and I don't think I ever beat it.
        My friends and I played the crap out of Raiders of the Lost Ark and did beat it. We also found if you turned the power switch off and on quickly the game would start with you in a weird room that you normally couldn't fine and Indy walked around as dots and there was other weird stuff that I remember.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

We were always an Intellivision house... (and then later ColecoVision).
          Loved those consoles.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Pretty obvious they won't find anything in the landfill... Everyone knows they hid the extra tapes in Al Capones vault...

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I had forgotten all about this game! That snake charming music was sooo annoying.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I don't know about Pac-Man but they said they have found the copies of ET.

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

http://mashable.com/2014/04/26/legen...ew-mexico-dig/
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

What I find weird is how after close to 30 years,there's not much damage to them.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

well it is the desert. not much water to cause damage there

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 1, 2005

Ironically, I always liked the E.T. game. The main flaw to me was that the instructions weren't very clear to me at the time, so there was an incredible amount of frustration at first trying to figure out exactly what to do. The main thing that would have me throwing the joystick across the room was when I would fall into the same pit repeatedly, lol. Eventually I got the hang of that though. Especially compared to the other games of it's time, I thought it was a pretty creative game. Years later I came to discover how much it was hated and the whole infamy behind it all. Oh well, I thought it was cool *shrug*.

The Raiders Of The Lost Ark game was far more frustrating and difficult to figure out for me back then. While I did kinda enjoy the game, that was the one that received most of my anger.

Honestly, as far as 2600 Pac Man goes, I didn't have much experience (if any) of playing that game on an arcade console when I got my Atari system, so the 2600 was likely my first exposure to it and I liked it fine. Needless to say I preferred the real deal when I did finally play it in an arcade later, but I didn't have the disdain towards the 2600 cartridge version that so many others seem to have.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

I never owned an Atari, but I played all the time at a friend's house down the street. I was thinking we played ET, but I could be wrong.. can anyone think of an Atari game where you play a creature (similar to ET maybe?), and you pass thru walls? Maybe something lifts you up and fly from level to level? Something like that?

My memory of those years grows thinner every year.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                            I never owned an Atari, but I played all the time at a friend's house down the street. I was thinking we played ET, but I could be wrong.. can anyone think of an Atari game where you play a creature (similar to ET maybe?), and you pass thru walls? Maybe something lifts you up and fly from level to level? Something like that?

My memory of those years grows thinner every year.
                            That sounds like Adventure. You were a small dot trying to get keys and there was a bridge that would let you pass through walls. There was dragons and they would try to eat you and a bat would fly around and pick you up if you were eaten haha.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by drquest
                              That sounds like Adventure. You were a small dot trying to get keys and there was a bridge that would let you pass through walls. There was dragons and they would try to eat you and a bat would fly around and pick you up if you were eaten haha.
                              Yes, that's it! Thank you, good sir!

Comment

• supes
                                For the love of Mego's!
                                • Jan 19, 2004

I believe I read somewhere that the very first easter egg in a game was in Adventure. When you got to it, it revealed the maker.

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                                Yes, that's it! Thank you, good sir!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎